Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2005, 07:53 PM

Default Standard with KK?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (9 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB
Old 01-18-2005, 07:56 PM

Default Re: Standard with KK?

what was your plan if raised on the turn?
Old 01-18-2005, 07:57 PM

why didnt you reaise the flop. if it gets cap then check/call down.

Same results.....why did he call the turn and not reaise it?
that is weird--maybe you are still good.
Old 01-18-2005, 08:00 PM

If you were planning on leading the turn, why not just 3bet the flop? If BB caps it you're probably looking at a lucky flush and should just get out early. Given your flop/turn play I would have check/called the river. If he has the flush you're getting raised, and if he has nothing he'll fold, so the bet doesn't accomplish much.
Old 01-18-2005, 08:03 PM

I did not reraise the flop because I planned on stop-n-going a safe turn card.

If raised on the turn I would call and call the river unless it was like the Ad or something.
Old 01-18-2005, 08:04 PM

what would you have done with the flush in this situation? If someone is betting into me and I have a strong flush, I'd be inclined to call and induce another bet on the river, raise it and hope for a call. If you raise again on the turn with the flush, most opponents are going to give up.
Old 01-18-2005, 08:12 PM

Actually wouldn't you want to raise the turn with a medium flush because unless you have the nuts or an Ace high flush you're looking at the potential for a high diamond to redraw. If you wait until the river you'll be paying more when they hit their hand, or if they miss they pay you less.

Having said that I think you can probably still 3-bet the flop and lead the turn since I suspect a made hand would wait until the turn to pop it, and if anything this might be a mid PP with a lone diamond, OESD or lone diamond building a draw.