Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-14-2005, 04:12 PM

Default Donkey 68s (verbally rape so I don\'t do this again)

Party Poker, 10/20.

Villain in MP is standard TAG preflop. Plays made hands or hands he has the "lead" with on flop, no more.

MP raises, CO calls, HERO in button with 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] CALLS, SB folds, BB completes.

4BB

Flop: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Villain bets, CO raises, Hero calls, BB folds. Bad?

Turn: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Villain bets, CO folds, Hero (???).
Old 12-14-2005, 05:16 PM

Default Re: Donkey 68s (verbally rape so I don\'t do this again)

I fold preflop, obviously. Given that you saw the flop I think raising, calling, or folding are all close here. I'm a lagtard with position, so i'd raise and fold to a 3bet. If he calls the raise, i'm probably checking the river.

lf
Old 12-14-2005, 05:33 PM

Yuck. This hand make me want to vomit. Not specifically because of your play but because of the two spots you are in. (er, just noticed that you coldcalled a raise with 86, that makes me a nausous). Anyway, CO coldcalling then raising screams medium overpair like 99 so I'd probably fold the flop. Since he folded the turn(and obviously doesn't have 99) I think villian donking the turn into his flop raise means villian has you beat. I think you should fold. If I were running bad though I'd probably call down.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:43 PM

Nausous. That's what I wanted to hear. You know what? I wanted to vomit too!

Yeah, fair enough. I will try to refrain from ass-play posts from hereonin. As an aside, I don't see much problem with calling the flop here given the size of the pot and the 10 outs.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:55 PM

Please tell me it all was a bad dream.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:11 PM

Spots like this are exactly why you don't coldcall this hand, but sounds like you already knew that. I would raise the flop. If villian is a TAG, he could easily think you coldcalled with 66, and you could get to showdown or draw to likely five flop outs for cheaper. That being said, many could still not fold JJ, QQ etc. on this board, so hard to say what your FE is without knowing the villian specifically. Given you called, turn fold is easy with likely only 2 outs.