Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2005, 01:57 AM

Default Re: oh no, not that river.. what to do? (11\'s)

CO has 765 after 5 hands. This is the first hand he has played from outside the blinds. This tells us nothing. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

This is an 11. He could be feeling tricky with AA, KK, or not wanting to fold JJ or TT.

Flush draw is an enormous possibility. Virtually everyone in the 11s limps with Axs in the first two levels.

Now what would I do? I have no freaking clue. You're certainly not getting a better hand to fold. If you push, A high won't call. If you bet t200 or so, and get pushed over top, you'll have no chips left.

This is a tough spot. Seriously, fold preflop please.

I *may* check and see what villain fires out here (if he does). Ack, how do we decide if it is a bluff or not?

I hate this hand!
Old 08-10-2005, 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You must check or block bet here. Checking allows Villain to bluff with nothing, block bet allows you to stall A-high but fold to Queens full.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pot is ~870 and Hero has ~450 left. How much would you put out to make a blocking bet? It seems like you don't really have enough to.
Old 08-10-2005, 03:18 AM

Hell, t100 should be enough here, I think. People underbet all the time, and this is the perfect spot to do it. I don't respect Villain's game much.
Old 08-10-2005, 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously, there is no pattern between limping hands like 87s in a large multiway pot preflop and a sudden influx of hands like this.

i understand that the limp was less than optimal, but i was questioning the river play. one does not inherently result in the other. thanks.
Old 08-10-2005, 03:24 AM

So lets say you bet 100 and he pushes leaving you with ~350:1400 on a call. Can you really fold there? I couldn't but maybe thats a leak. The 100 blocking bet looks so weak he might bluff at it.
Old 08-10-2005, 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So lets say you bet 100 and he pushes leaving you with ~350:1400 on a call. Can you really fold there? I couldn't but maybe thats a leak. The 100 blocking bet looks so weak he might bluff at it.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think Villain isn't a tricky type of opponent. I think I could fold here.

But, meh, it is a bit FPS. Check/folding or check-calling might be better.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously, there is no pattern between limping hands like 87s in a large multiway pot preflop and a sudden influx of hands like this.

i understand that the limp was less than optimal, but i was questioning the river play. one does not inherently result in the other. thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, and you knew it was going to be multiway did you? How when you limped UTG. This is why position is important

Anyway, the turn bet is either too high or too low, the bet you made doesn't really achieve anything, if you want to price out draws bet half the pot, if you want to take the pot push, if you want to leave yourself screwed on the river if a scare card drops, bet what you did [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]