Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2005, 11:58 PM

Default Sticky in the LHE forums identifying their decription

I think people are going to be confused where their hands should be posted unless a sticky is made in each forum, namely identifying what kinda of stakes should be in each forum (preferably on the title/header)

Preferably something like this
Old 11-26-2005, 05:10 AM

Default Re: Sticky in the LHE forums identifying their decription

I was thinking about writing an updated FAQ for Micro and/or SSSH based on btspider's excellent, but somewhat outdated, Micro FAQ. If I do, I'll probably put the stakes in the title. That's a good idea.
Old 11-26-2005, 02:13 PM

Default Re: Sticky in the LHE forums identifying their decription

I really don't like this idea. People should post hands where they think is appropriate and if someone posts something that blatantly doesn't belong where they put it, mods can move it. This is how things worked before the new forums were added and it was good. Communities form naturally in each forum for the limits that are most appropriate. Over time, games change and so the boundaries of the forums need to move, and they evolve naturally as things shift. If you have an explicit list of what must go where, then you interfere with that. Even if it is only a recommendation, you end up with five posts saying "the sticky says blah blah blah, don't post that here" to anything that violates it.

Years ago, 10/20 hands went in mid-stakes. Over time, games changed and 10/20 was clearly more appropriate for small stakes, so people started posting the hands there instead. If there were a sticky saying that 10/20 belongs in mid-stakes, people would have kept posting the hands there and there would have needed to be a big discussion about "should 10/20 now be small stakes" and so forth. It's easier for everyone to just let people post where they want. I trust the participants of the forums and they tend to do the right thing.