Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2005, 12:24 AM

Default set on a flush board 1/2 6 max

villain is somewhat taggish but i have no real read.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Hero ($308.03)
Button ($194.80)
SB ($597.80)
BB ($381.41)
UTG ($197)
MP ($632.58)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $4</font>, Hero calls $4, Button calls $4, <font color="#CC3333">SB (poster) raises to $14</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $11, Hero calls $11, Button folds.

Flop: ($51) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $50</font>, SB calls $50, MP folds.

Turn: ($156) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $200</font>, Hero ???
Old 08-09-2005, 12:32 AM

Default Re: set on a flush board 1/2 6 max

insta-call

river quads.
Old 08-09-2005, 12:38 AM

i forgot to mention my pattern mapper said the river will not be a ten
Old 08-09-2005, 03:20 PM

bump.
Old 08-09-2005, 03:30 PM

I know I can't fold this in the heat of the moment but realistically would villain play any hand like this other than QQ or AK spades? you are crushed by both - unfortunately I can't make laydowns like this because I see AA with the A of spades too often to lay it down
Old 08-09-2005, 03:41 PM

I would call here, and here's why:

It's his $5 bet on the turn at a $50 pot. That screams 1 of 2 things to me--that he is still drawing and trying to see the turn cheap, or that he has the flush and wants you to think he is still drawing. Either way, I put him on drawing to a flush or made flush, with more or less equal probability, and so my redraw outs make this a call.

I don't like it, though.
Old 08-09-2005, 03:47 PM

He didn't make the $5 bet - he checked then called the raise cold
Old 08-09-2005, 03:58 PM

there are only a few realistic hands for villain here. AK of spades, AA, KK or QQ. If he has AA or KK then you are way ahead and dodging spades most likely. If he has QQ you are toast, and you are drawing live against the AK of spades because of the full house and quad outs (10 total).

That cold call of $50 on the flop really worries me though. I can't see what does that then leads the turn big other than a made hand wanting to keep you from drawing cheap. If he had the AK of spades, he wouldn't make a bet like that most likely because he doesn't want to run off his customers...he can't put you on a set here...his most likely hand to put you on is a baby made flush, which he has killed, but then again, he might think the baby made flush will call him down here....there could be some higher level thinking going on.

I really hate these spots and it seems like when i call down with my hands in these spots i always lose. All that being said I don't think i'm folding my tens here, and if he has me, he has me, but I do have redraw outs unless his hand is precisely QQ. I call and really really hope that his hand is AK with the Ace of spades and he thinks he's got a monster draw here.
Old 08-09-2005, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He didn't make the $5 bet - he checked then called the raise cold

[/ QUOTE ]

TY
Old 08-09-2005, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
there are only a few realistic hands for villain here. AK of spades, AA, KK or QQ. If he has AA or KK then you are way ahead and dodging spades most likely. If he has QQ you are toast, and you are drawing live against the AK of spades because of the full house and quad outs (10 total).

That cold call of $50 on the flop really worries me though. I can't see what does that then leads the turn big other than a made hand wanting to keep you from drawing cheap. If he had the AK of spades, he wouldn't make a bet like that most likely because he doesn't want to run off his customers...he can't put you on a set here...his most likely hand to put you on is a baby made flush, which he has killed, but then again, he might think the baby made flush will call him down here....there could be some higher level thinking going on.

I really hate these spots and it seems like when i call down with my hands in these spots i always lose. All that being said I don't think i'm folding my tens here, and if he has me, he has me, but I do have redraw outs unless his hand is precisely QQ. I call and really really hope that his hand is AK with the Ace of spades and he thinks he's got a monster draw here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that HerbieGRD set me straight on who made the $5 bet, I agree with this post. I still think it's a call, but it's much closer.

Thanks again, Herbie.