Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2005, 12:55 PM

Default standard draw play?

villain is unknown.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 6 handed) converter

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

CO ($181.8)
Button ($476.65)
SB ($206.6)
Hero ($207.1)
UTG ($194.1)
MP ($248.45)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB (poster) completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($4) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $12</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $35</font>, SB calls $23.

Turn: ($74) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $70</font>, SB folds.

Final Pot: $144

and i showed it and got good action afterwards.
Old 05-03-2005, 01:06 PM

Default Re: standard draw play?

I like the play. I'd raise preflop, too, though. KTs in position (ain't it great to be in position despite being the BB?) headsup against something SB didn't think was even worth a steal is definitely worth a raise. You can get more in on this fantastic flop that way, too.
Old 05-03-2005, 02:44 PM

I like preflop and the flop, but does anyone consider checking behind on the turn. Not many people check raise in a battle of the blinds unless they have a solid hand or a reason to be doing so (which does not appear to exist). I feel like you get crying calls from two pair or tptk alot on this turn, which in reality is a semi-bluff (you're not ahead of much). I don't know, I think there are good arguments for both, but I'd probably check it through to try and hit my massive draw just because people in this game are usually big calling stations.
Old 05-03-2005, 02:50 PM

Checking behind on the turn is good with a smaller draw (naked flush, OESD) but, with both a flush AND straight draw, betting here is fine, too, particularly if villain is likely to fold (opponent dependent).