Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2004, 02:10 AM

Default Two hands in a row vs. the uber-maniac

It's a typical party 1/2 10-max table when some guy sits down on my immediate left with $50. I'm multi-tabling and not paying a lot of attention, but it is quickly clear that our new friend is leaning on the raise button. And I mean that he is clicking "raise any" whenever he puts in a raise, which is 33% of the time preflop (he sees 77% of flops). After the flop, it's no different, and he wins 43% percent of the pots when he sees the flop. He's put the table on tilt and run $50 up to $200 in less than 40 minutes. He is capping preflop with Q4o and then capping the flop with that bottom pair, Q kicker. He is, for the moment, catching incredibly lucky.

Meanwhile, I've seen 4 flops in 60 hands, and won 3 of them, none of them involving our maniacal friend. I'm hovering there at $60, missing the fun. Then, at the peak of this guy's money, I get two hands and hit two flops:

Party Poker 1/2 Hold 'Em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, Hero raises, MP3 3-bets, CO folds, Button caps, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (21 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero bets, MP3 raises, Button calls, SB calls, UTG+2 calls, Hero 3-bets, MP3 caps, Button calls, SB calls, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (20.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero bets, MP3 raises, Button calls, SB folds, UTG+2 calls, Hero 3-bets, MP3 caps, Button calls $3.5 (All-In), UTG+2 calls, Hero calls.

River: (36.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
UTG+2 checks, Hero bets, MP3 folds, UTG+2 folds.

Final Pot: 37.25 BB

Party Poker 1/2 Hold 'Em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG folds, Hero calls, MP1 raises, MP2 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets, MP1 raises, CO calls, SB folds, BB folds, Hero 3-bets, MP1 caps, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero bets, MP1 raises, CO calls, Hero 3-bets, MP1 caps, CO calls, Hero calls.

River: (23 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero bets, MP1 raises, CO folds, Hero 3-bets, MP1 caps, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 31 BB
Old 03-02-2004, 03:01 AM

Default Re: Two hands in a row vs. the uber-maniac

Fantastic, what more could you ask for? Of course, if you were me he would show you AA in hand one and 92 in hand two.

I love his fold in the first hand. Pure comedy.

SpaceAce
Old 03-02-2004, 03:08 AM

Default Re: Two hands in a row vs. the uber-maniac

When he folded on the first hand I thought people were going to accuse us of colluding. I literally panicked for a moment, cause it looked so damn suspicious. Then I sat back and enjoyed my win.

Then hand two happened on the next deal, and he showed Ac Jc and I felt like I won the f-ing lottery.

This was the first time I'd ever really profited off a crazy crazy maniac. Luckily, at least one other person got a share of the largesse, a 25BB pot with the 3rd nut flush vs. maniac's top pair no kicker.

I left when the maniac hit the felt.