Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2005, 07:46 PM

Default Re: Overlimping (thanks bottomset)

[ QUOTE ]
I'd raise KJo, and depending on how much they call/fold postflop, I'd raise Axs. Usually A7s and above, and fold the rest, but it can lower depending on how weak the UTG player is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see the postflop benefits of raising marginal hands, but raising KJo and A7s in MP1 is something I don't feel comfortable doing (at least yet). When I see players raising hands like these, I start to wonder about their stats for these plays. Do you have a reasonable large sample size that such raises in "this" position are +EV (for you)? I assume you're a better postflop player than me, but at least I could try it eventually..
Old 12-29-2005, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd raise KJo, and depending on how much they call/fold postflop, I'd raise Axs. Usually A7s and above, and fold the rest, but it can lower depending on how weak the UTG player is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see the postflop benefits of raising marginal hands, but raising KJo and A7s in MP1 is something I don't feel comfortable doing (at least yet). When I see players raising hands like these, I start to wonder about their stats for these plays. Do you have a reasonable large sample size that such raises in "this" position are +EV (for you)? I assume you're a better postflop player than me, but at least I could try it eventually..

[/ QUOTE ]
It depends on a few other factors as well. It depends on who is in the blinds and how they play, or how the players left behind me react to raises preflop. I'vee heard 1/2 plays like 3/6, with a lot of tight-aggressive play, and more blind stealing.

A lot of time if you have tight players behind you, and loose players in front, you can raise a lot of hands and isolate the passive/bad players and clear the good ones out of the pot. You would be surprised how often you can raise in these spots and take the pot down with a flop bet. I'd much rather raise these hands than limp behind with them.

As far as database stats go, I have nearly 1000 hands of A7s and KJo and I'm winning 0.18BB/100 with each of them.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:08 AM

That's good! Not a marginal play then..

I would raise KJo rather than limping under those circumstances, but I've been folding it so far in MP1. I've been limping A7s behind a limper and raising/folding FI depending on position (and players).

Thank you!