Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 03:08 PM

Default Re: Good News

really? how do you know this?
Old 10-26-2005, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I bet if we stopped supporting tyranny in Israel and quit killing children in the middle east with sanctions and other policies they would leave us alone.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are such a piece of work!

Israel has got to be one of the most un-tyrannical countries in Africa! OK, the rabbis get a tad tight-assed at times, but they seem to keep a check on outright revolution and a few others things taught by some other religious "leaders" I can think of.

Do you remember the invasion of Kuwait? What happened after that?

Were you around before 9/11? Do you remember 9/11?

Are you even aware of the reason for the sanctions?

I think that's enough for now.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:13 PM

I wuold bet alot of money that one major city in america is hit by a nuke in the next 15 years.

I would also bet that when it does, the national sentiment would be on of likewise retaliation. After that, who knows?
Old 10-26-2005, 03:14 PM

alot of how they talk is the way they put things in their culture.
remember how saddam kept saying that stuff would happen to us if we came near them. its talk and hipe, and thats how they convey their thoughts. them saying death to america doesnt mean they want all of us dead or our country to be destroyed. but it is a saying meaning that they want to triumph over us and have their religon be supreme. doesnt mean they are going to blow us off the earth if they get a weapon. most people of that religon you meet are some of the nicest peole around.
there are fanatics both here and there.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
really? how do you know this?

[/ QUOTE ]

How do I know it? How do you NOT know it? Just try this: actually listen to what the mullahs themselves say--and to what the Jihadists say. If you actually haven't read what they say, let me know and I'll find you some quotes and sources.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:17 PM

to them we are imbecils. not imbecils becuase we back the israelis, we are imbecils because we are american, and that wont change.

peroid.

or, full stop for those of you with bad teeth [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2005, 03:17 PM

If you want to through around meaningless posts ill be happy to play along.

yes, we push the iraqis back.

yes, yes

yes

well those questions really expressed a lot!

now for an intelligent anwser to a dumbass post.

The invasion of kuwait was based on the idea that Kuwait was a province of iraq and should be reunited. (similar to the manifest dystany bs in america) A combined effort was used to push the iraqis back , as invading a country is illegal (unless you are the us).

I am a new yorker with a cop as a father. I rememeber 9/11 very. I'm sure the "shock and awe" campaign was much worse than 9/11 was, but hey they are not americans so who cares?

The purpose of the sanctions was to ensure Iraq remained in a state of chaos, and forced them to sell oil to the US or else face starvation. (Oil for food) A clever side effect was the total destruction of the middle class, from which almost every successful revolution has come from. With a polarized Iraq ripe for violence we decide to liberate it from our own death sentance by invading. Awesome
Old 10-26-2005, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Zeno,

What would you sat the chances are that we will see a nuke go off in America in the next five to ten years? My guess is Isreal is a two to one favorite. But I hope I'm wrong.

~ Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

Israel is an unlikely candidate for a terrorist nuclear attack due to the number of Palestinians/Israeli Arabs/Islamic monuments it would kill/destroy/poison. I think America is a more likely target, although I both believe and hope it is extremely unlikely that any terrorist group will set off a nuke anywhere anytime soon.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

peroid.

or, full stop for those of you with bad teeth [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

and better spelling?
Old 10-26-2005, 03:26 PM

Ray, you're right, for the most part, about the hyperbole. It's done for the TV cameras and is frequently just posturing.

The problem is, the radicals eat it up. They're the ones "strappin' one on for Allah" (n'all them ver-gins). They have a few Imams that push the right buttons and bad things happen. Mostly to innocent people.

And you're right about our very own home-grown fanatics. They do nasty stuff, too.