Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2005, 12:20 AM

Default should I make a move?

Low limit ($100 buy-in, $100 rebuy) tournament. Third round before the first break and the add-on, I have the chip lead at my table (about $2200) and A-10 spades in the hijack position. Most stacks about $800 at this point. Loose passive table. 3 limp in for $80 in front of me.

Should I take advantage of my big stack and raise here, or should I just call and try to hit a flop? My sense is that a raise to $500 would have had a good chance of winning the pot. There were, of course, 4 players yet to act behind me.

I limped along and ended up folding to a bet in front of me when the flop came three small cards. I'm wondering if I should be applying pressure with a big stack in these situations.
Old 05-15-2005, 01:27 AM

Default Re: should I make a move?

are you still in the rebuy period?
Old 05-15-2005, 07:47 AM

Still in the rebuy period.
Old 05-15-2005, 10:32 AM

It really depends on how loose passive is the table. If people are calling PF raises with no consideration of position and such, then making moves against limpers can cost you too much. If they are weak in the sense that they fold if put under pressure, then you might want to raise against them with position with all kinds of hands, the fact you have ATs is not the most important one.

Also it's importnat IMO to realize that with ATs you might actually want to see a multi-way pot here. By raising the limpers you give up on this opportunity. You should consider this as well.