Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2004, 06:10 PM

Default 1:1 odds

Do you guys make bets like this getting 1 to 1 odds or do you just let these go? Assume a medium tight, medium aggressive opponent.

Poker Stars $3/$6 (3 handed)
Hero has 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and is BB

Button folds, SB calls, Hero checks

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: [K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB checks, Hero bets, SB folds
Old 03-24-2004, 06:38 PM

Default Re: 1:1 odds

I often equate limping with little suiteds that don't want to fight. I'd bet the flop unless the sb was tricky and would limp with big cards here. 2-1 is better than 1-1 and if the turn bet is a good bet that it would seem a that a flop bet is even better bet (unless sb will limp with big cards and peel one on the flop but fold unimproved to a turn bet).
Old 03-25-2004, 02:48 AM

Default Re: 1:1 odds

If I get checked to twice in a row like that, I am usually going to bet. I would also bet that flop pretty often but you have to be careful who you bet into. Some opponents will fold if you check the flop but bet the turn because they figure youo either improved on the turn or you were slow playing a real hand. Sometimes those same opponents will not fold if you bet the flop and the turn because (this is my theory, anyway) they assume the flop bet was a bluff then they are not willing to give you the pot on the turn because they have both money and ego invested from putting in a bet on the flop.

SpaceAce