Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2005, 05:45 PM

Default windows wont boot normally

im in safemode right now but whenever I try and restart windows it takes me to the screen that asks if I want to start windows normally, in safemode, or last known good configuration etc. Whenever I start it in normally or last good configuration it goes to the screen with the xp logo and the bar at the bottom with the blue moving blocks and then will freeze and do nothing. Any help on how to get it to boot or what is wrong?
Old 09-28-2005, 05:50 PM

Default Re: windows wont boot normally

Do you have a cd copy of winodows xp home, assuming that's the OS you are running?
Old 09-28-2005, 06:06 PM

It is xp home, I have a operating system cd Microsoft windows Xp home edition service pack 2 disk and thats all
Old 09-28-2005, 06:22 PM

You can use that disc to preform an XP repair. If you boot to that disc and bypass the first repair option, by hitting esc (I think), then bypass the next screen by hitting F8. You should then be able to preform a repair from the following screen by pressing "r". If you have a bad hard drive/ram/virues/spyware/etc this isn't going to fix that, but if it is a minor software "glitch" within windows this should correct it.

If this works, my advice would be to get into windows, back up any data, and preform a complete wipe and reload of windows using the same disc you used for the repair. This time delete and recreate the partitioin and then install windows on it. If you have no data on the pc that you need to backup just wipe it out now and don't bother with the repair.