Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2005, 04:48 AM

Default BB special, how to maximize?

No reads, I have a bit of a LAG image, but I have only showed down winners for an hour or so.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, CO folds, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

How can I take advantage of this HU...if there is a best way?
Old 07-19-2005, 04:53 AM

Default Re: BB special, how to maximize?

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...=1#Post2906978
Old 07-19-2005, 05:01 AM

im sorry AK, I dont understand why this isnt a legit question. Im a new limit player...
Old 07-19-2005, 05:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
im sorry AK, I dont understand why this isnt a legit question. Im a new limit player...

[/ QUOTE ]

What he means is that in the long run you will never really have that many "big blind specials" therefore the proper way to play hidden monster hands is to just get as many bets in as possible without overthinking it.

You said that you are new to limit poker, and new to the forums. Read the faq at the top of this page. Then focus on responding (intelligently, or to the best of your ability) to posts. This will make you think about many situations that you may have not been involved in as of yet, and allow more glaring mistakes in your thinking to be corrected. Some of the corrections will be harsh, and a few posters can be real dicks, but you must learn to take their advice and learn from your mistakes. Hopefully after a while you can grow as a poker player and make some bank.
Old 07-19-2005, 05:17 AM

Bet, check call, or check raise depending on villian.
Old 07-19-2005, 05:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry. I'm not trying to pick on you, since there's a lot of players doing the same thing, so don't take offense.

A new surge of players have been posting on 2+2 lately -- and frankly, lots of their posts have been terrible.

1. They post hands and only reply to their own, and don't bother to contribute to other players who need advice.

2. They post very low content posts -- hands that appear very infrequently. For example, you can fold quads and still be a winning player -- the situation occurs so rarely that it doesn't matter what you do, as the bulk of your winnings don't come from hitting quads all day.

In your case, you fit into #2. Just keep hitting the bet/raise button with a full house, and you are rarely incorrect in doing so. Same thing when you hit sets on boards with no draw (like your other hand). Just bet/raise any and you will play it correctly 99% of the time.

The forums are used to improve problems with your poker game that occur with relative frequency. For example, how to properly play flush/straight draws.
Old 07-19-2005, 05:22 AM

btw AK,
I wasn't refering to you when I mentioned some of the posters being jerks. Most jerks don't frequent this forum much. I was jsut making a general statement for the 2+2 in general.
Old 07-19-2005, 05:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
btw AK,
I wasn't refering to you when I mentioned some of the posters being jerks. Most jerks don't frequent this forum much. I was jsut making a general statement for the 2+2 in general.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have pretty thick skin, even if you were.

There are a couple frequent posters (500+ posts) whose advice I choose to ignore every time because I strongly disagree with them very often.

I also admit that I am very capable of posting some crappy advice.
Old 07-19-2005, 05:26 AM

Alright, got it. I appreciate you guys taking some time to explain to me (and probably some other new posters) what exactly the etiquette is. I read the FAQ, and I thought I was making a thought-provoking post. However, I see the point now.

I have no problem responding to some others and exposing some of my leaks that way.