Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 09:27 AM

Default Re: Online poker rigged?

Of course online poker is rigged. Why do you think we have a forum dedicated to discussing how to beat it? Just do a search of "pattern recognizer" and you will see the reason for the success that we on this forum have come to take for granted.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi everyone,

In my frustration I have decided to turn to this forum for help.

When I started online poker at pacific it all seemed pretty straight forward. Only play sit and gos and unless I made a howler of a decision I made the money every time.

Now call me paranoid but recently I have felt the poker gods turn against me. Simply can not catch a break. When I have the pair I am cracked but someone and their Ace who catch another one.

When I have the Ace - no Aces fall my way.

Yesterday I had 4-5 and the flop came 4-5-Q. Some guy called and I raised. He re-raised and I called. Turn and river was 2-2.

What did he have?? 8-8.

When I fold I find that I just threw away the winning hand. That just puts me more on tilt.

Regards,

Penny

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold preflop.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
*brings out the popcorn*

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 10-31-2005, 10:24 AM

It's all rigged. We are all bots too.
Old 10-31-2005, 10:37 AM

1001100101011Opponent12:>>KKraise01010101Cha ngeCardXX:AA010001ProgramALL-IN010010101ggSTACKED
Old 10-31-2005, 10:39 AM

Dude, like have you ever noticed how AA just NEVER wins? And how EVERY time you get a pair they have a higher one? Well what you have to do is recognize this and adjust. Get dealt AA pre flop? Muck that bs. Cards like 4/7 take down the monster pots. Just try it out and you'll see... trust me. Enjoy!
Old 10-31-2005, 10:52 AM

Please kill yourself ASAP
Old 10-31-2005, 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1001100101011Opponent12:>>KKraise01010101Cha ngeCardXX:AA010001ProgramALL-IN010010101ggSTACKED

[/ QUOTE ]

If you give away any more secrets I'm going to report you to the head of our secret society and we both know you don't want that to happen.
Old 10-31-2005, 11:05 AM

It's not rigged. You got flamed because ppl post this question at least once a week here.
Old 10-31-2005, 11:12 AM

FROM THE DESK OF THE POKER GODS

Dear Mr./Mrs. Lane:

Thank you for your recent inquiry into our operations. We welcome your feedback and are always interested to hear the comments of those whose destinies we control.

In response to your specific question regarding whether we rig online poker sites, I would like to assure you that we do no such thing. Our interest is purely in promoting the good times and fun experiences that you share with your fellow players. Please be assured that we have much more important things to do than to alter the outcomes of the millions of poker hands played each day worldwide.

Rather, we prefer to focus our efforts on you, the player. For example, why would we bother trying to alter your cards when we can just manipulate you to go in on a weak holding like 4-5? Or mess with your confidence, making you play your AA weakly.

In fact, we find that we get the most value out of our activities by simply withholding key logical concepts from weaker players like yourself - concepts like variance and pot size. I have already forwarded your comments to our R&D section, as an example of how effective this strategy has been.

I hope that you have found this response informative. We thank you for taking an interest of the work of the poker puppetmasters. We are watching you.

Sincerely,

TPG