Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2005, 07:39 PM

Default Re: Why am I so wordy? (does Bob have Tourettes?)

[ QUOTE ]
There HAVE been times when I've been driving alone or at the grocery-store or something where I actually will mutter/blurt something like, "f'ck them all" or "i hate them" or "die" or something and I'll have no idea where it came from.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
So thankfully I've never been walking down the sidewalk and just randomly shouted "Douche-Bag!!!" at someone (unless I'm walking past Phil Hellmuth of course).

[/ QUOTE ]

AWESOME!

Bob, you are a funny guy. I hope you win the WSOP.

Edited to note that you shouldn't feel bad about your long posts; they tend to be very informative.
Old 05-24-2005, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There HAVE been times when I've been driving alone or at the grocery-store or something where I actually will mutter/blurt something like, "f'ck them all" or "i hate them" or "die" or something and I'll have no idea where it came from.

[/ QUOTE ]

superb [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

i think this all the time when i'm having a hangover or am suffering from sleep deprivation, but thats just natural.

from skimming over the posts it seems like (and i hate to say it) you're one of those people that crave attention, i just really hope your not of the sycophant type.

try thinking about the idea of introspection more...

also become aware of what you are doing and what image you are conveying socially, whether it be in a group, one to one, or from a by standers pov.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:42 PM

Does this bother you? So you talk a lot. Some people don't talk much at all. If everyone was "normal", everyone would be boring. If it bothers other people, tell them to go be friends with a non-talker.

I am your opposite. I don't talk very much at all. When in a group of people who don't know me, they think I am snubbing them because I am not talking to them. I have learned to accept it instead of trying to be who I'm not.

I don't know much about Touretts. But I think everyone has in some degree at least one of these brain disorders, so I think everyone is crazy or being crazy is normal.

I wouldn't worry about it. Be glad of who you are.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:59 PM

i once went 6 weeks without talking
Old 05-24-2005, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does this bother you? So you talk a lot. Some people don't talk much at all. If everyone was "normal", everyone would be boring. If it bothers other people, tell them to go be friends with a non-talker.

I am your opposite. I don't talk very much at all. When in a group of people who don't know me, they think I am snubbing them because I am not talking to them. I have learned to accept it instead of trying to be who I'm not.

I don't know much about Touretts. But I think everyone has in some degree at least one of these brain disorders, so I think everyone is crazy or being crazy is normal.

I wouldn't worry about it. Be glad of who you are.

[/ QUOTE ]

I concur.
Old 05-25-2005, 03:30 AM

I like you Bob. Lots of other people seem to like you also. You say a few people don't like one thing about you. You talk too much. It could be worse.

Do you like yourself? Or does talking so much bother you also? Don't try to change unless this is causing you discomfort.

If I had only one personality trait that was bothersome to others I would be very happy. No one is perfect and no one should try to be.

Sorry for the bad advice in OOT. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
See I have a tendency to overreact.
But like I said no one is perfect. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 05-25-2005, 05:49 AM

Bob, what is your regular diet? For instance, there are tons of kids out there who are diagnosed with ADS and who could be cured with just a diet change instead of taking pills.
Old 05-25-2005, 07:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No chicken impressions.
Sorry. (not sure I'm getting this joke...what am I missing??)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes theres a chap in his thirties who lives near me, he has tourrets(sp?) he does a chicken thing with the arms and swears like a trooper, it amuses me how i become offended by him, even though he doesn't mean it.

[ QUOTE ]
Yes. I guess it's asberger's.

The empathy bit is interesting.
I guess that is similar to the more emotionless autism thing.
But the marriage-counselor likely wouldn't have suggested that i might have it if it definitely meant having no empathy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Asbergers sufferers can also be obsessed with detail and peoples reasons for actions and thoughts, I've often carried on an hour long conversations about an off-the-cuff comment that you would struggle to talk about for 30 seconds with an everyday person. So yes talking a lot is a sign of possible Asbergers but in no way confirmation.

Mack
Old 05-25-2005, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
23 yo - On a road-trip with friends: Wasn't aware (as usual) that I was talking so much.
Girl turns around and says, "Geez...I bet you couldn't go 5 damn minutes without speaking."
Naturally I shut-up for the next hour..but her point was made and it wasn't the first time someone had confronted me.

[/ QUOTE ]

My GF talks constantly and I said this to her once... She literally went about 3 mins and some seconds without talking and then said "Has 5 minutes past yet?".

She even talks in her sleep.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:49 AM

how the hell did you count to a million?? did you verbally count each number out loud?? so like at 778933 you actually said seven hundred seventy-eight thousand nine hundred thirty three, and so on? assuming each number took a half-second to count, it shouldve taken you about 140 hours!