Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 04:35 PM

Default 2+2ers suck

I've been thinking about this a lot recently, and DCWGaming's post in HUSH has further inspired me.

Being on 2+2 does not make you the best player at your table. You have no right to tell people what you think the "right" play is, or tell them that they suck, even if it is very clear for you.

Today, a LAG bluff check-raised me on the turn with 36o on an 9259 board when I had AK and I called down to be shown his hand. For the rest of the session, I had to pay off his turn raises with good showdownable hands, and although it only happened 4 more times, I lost 3 of those 4 times and split the 4th time. He either made a metagame move against me because he could tell I was observant, or he got lucky. Whatever it was, I definitely felt like he outplayed me.

Another hand, a TAG check-raised me on both the turn and the rivers because I had top trips top-kicker to his bottom full house. I got owned because I was aggressive just like most other 2+2ers would be.

The fact of the matter is, unless you are Schneids or Dcifrths or some other random person who has played millions of hands and can read hands like no one else, there are tons of players out there that can beat you and play better postflop than you. Some of the LAGs on party are the best players I have seen.

This post may be a complete rambling. But whenever a 2+2er at my table gets sucked out on and berates the [censored] out of a LAG telling them how much they suck, I cringe. Get rid of your damn superiority complex. In the grand scheme of things, you and I are just tiny pawns in the world of poker, and we have a long way to go. Just being on 2+2 doesn't make you god.
Old 08-18-2005, 04:39 PM

Default Re: 2+2ers suck

Nice post.

I admit I suck, thankfully I can usually find games with people who suck worse. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-18-2005, 04:46 PM

You're probably right. But seriously, do you really think some a-hole reading this is going to be like "OMG, HE'S RIGHT!!!"

You posted this for your own personal satisfaction. Admit it.
Old 08-18-2005, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're probably right. But seriously, do you really think some a-hole reading this is going to be like "OMG, HE'S RIGHT!!!"

You posted this for your own personal satisfaction. Admit it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand how I get satisfaction out of this. I really think 2+2ers should stop berating people who they think are worse. 2+2ers (including me) overestimate themselves to a great extent, and it's a leak.
Old 08-18-2005, 04:52 PM

haha well that goes both ways too. i've been at tables where a LAG sucks out and starts talking junk.

basically, no matter how you play, you can be an ass. such is life.
Old 08-18-2005, 04:52 PM

Very few of the better LHE players on 2+2 berate bad players. If someone is berating a fish it is pretty likely they are struggling overall.
Old 08-18-2005, 04:53 PM

WRONG!

I became a god shortly after joining 2+2. You should refer to me as yulaspzz god of monkeys.
Old 08-18-2005, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Very few of the better LHE players on 2+2 berate bad players. If someone is berating a fish it is pretty likely they are struggling overall.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not only the berating. A lot of 2+2ers think they are entitled to a good winrate because they are "great players" who post on 2+2. I thought so too until last month.
Old 08-18-2005, 05:02 PM

any player, 2+2er or not, who thinks they are beyond vast improvement, is doomed to certain failure.

while a dedicated member of a poker forumn who strives to get better may have an edge over average competition, they are a member of a forumn BECAUSE they want to improve their game. indeed, if they are here just to boast about their mad skills, they are wasting their time. many people here are too smart to fall for that nonsense.

cheers!
Old 08-18-2005, 05:07 PM

Put this in mid-high stakes hold em'. the more money > the more delusional people get about how good they are

Most people here are probably like "uhh I use common sense to beat <low stakes game here>, I have no delusions about how good I am, nor do I have an ego"

Plus who isn't a 2+2'er now, I'm pretty sure B_buddy even has an account here [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Closed Thread