Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2005, 05:21 PM

Default a good \'raise or fold\' scenario?

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (8 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, CO folds, Button calls.

<font color="blue"> do u c/r here? 9:1 pot odds? I just had a feeling he was trying to buy the pot, and I didn't want to be weak/tight. Is this a clear 'raise or fold'?</font>
Old 09-25-2005, 05:29 PM

Default Re: a good \'raise or fold\' scenario?

I like making this play more when I have AK-AJ, but the problem here is that you will still be drawing against something like A4 that might be taking a stab. Yes this is raise or fold though, but in order to raise here you need to have the bettor beat a good % of the time. Give me A-high and I'm making this move all day long against someone who is probably auto betting here. Doing it with K-high is probably okay as well, but your equity is 5-7% lower so make it less often then you would with AK or AJ.

Brad
Old 09-25-2005, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but your equity is 5-7% lower

[/ QUOTE ]

Shillx, how did you quantify this?
Old 09-25-2005, 05:58 PM

I like the concept you're using: trying to get other hands that may be better or become better to fold. But, I don't think the check-raise is warranted either by the size of the pot (6 BB after you accomplished your purpose of folding the other two players) or by the strength of your draw (I count 4 outs, which is liberal). So, while your % chance of winning the hand may have improved by your c/r, I don't think it improved enough to make it worthwhile.
Old 09-25-2005, 06:39 PM

This looks like a fold to me Felipe.

I know that .05/.10 is loose, but I suspect that button may not have been doing anything worse than betting top pair or a flush draw.

You dont have a good draw, and the pot is not that big. Was it really worth raising here ?