Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 11:01 AM

Default Re: AKs question

[ QUOTE ]
Without a read on bb (15/2 or 55/33?) I probably call preflop and call that flop push. You have 9-12 outs against villain's range and are drawing very live. These are the types of situations that you have to feel comfortable calling because.

Even when you lose, you advertise that you will put your stack in on a draw. This will help you get paid when you hit that monster on a draw heavy board.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is good advice. Something that's often overlooked in NL is when to push in your stack on a draw.

For the sake of discussion.... Typically I only risk my stack on a draw when I'm confident in 12+ outs. Is this a leak?. Should I be willing to commit my stack with 9 outs to a flush or 8 outs to an open ended straight when there are two cards to come?
Old 12-14-2005, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Typically I only risk my stack on a draw when I'm confident in 12+ outs. Is this a leak?. Should I be willing to commit my stack with 9 outs to a flush or 8 outs to an open ended straight when there are two cards to come?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you need the situation with 12 outs+ I think at this level to push with a draw. You could get a similar effect by betting pot+ which will fold most weak hands and TPTK types and will not need you to committ the entire stack.

I believe we learn how to do these moves in stages so we can get a handle on the variance that comes with this type of power poker.

Guin
Old 12-14-2005, 05:01 PM

I think you want to have the 12 outs to do this. Without a read on villain, you have to make a decision and go with it. At the higher levels no one is going to call off their big stack to your river push with the nuts after you check call the 2/3 pot flop and 1/2 pot turn.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:03 PM

If you are calling preflop, call the flop.
Old 12-14-2005, 05:39 PM

Thank you all for the responses.

I'm now on a 2xbuy-in BR. Had to signup for a big tourney [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. I will continue at the same stakes and pray that the pokergods are with me. It's so much more fun to play when risking some... Merry Christmas
Old 12-15-2005, 10:14 AM

I think we you are talking about committing your stack with a draw you have to take more than outs into consideration. It is more profitable to be the first all in than it is to call all in.

If your opponent checked to you, I think that this would be an easy all in situation. You have at least nine outs and could have as many as fifteen. There is a greater than 0 chance that you will take the pot down here.

Since your opponent is already all in you have no fold equity here. You still have the 9 outs, but you can't be sure that you have more. The decision to call or not really depends on your read of the other players involved in the pot.