Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2005, 11:11 AM

Default Foxwoods Sunday

Few notes about Foxwoods Sunday and a note about a pretty bad dealer:
1.) Saw a few pros Ted Forrest, John D'Agostino, Evelyn Ng, Men the Master
2.) Played with absolute fish in the 1,2 nl game then moved to the 2,5 and witnessed more of the same. Paid for half of my Bahamas trip with the wife in Decemeber because of these generous donators.
3.) Here's the dealer problem we experienced: We had an absolute drunk degenerate at our table who raised literally every hand to $25. So basically everyone limped in, waited for his raise, and then acted accordingly with their hand. You expected the $25 raise but the problem was if you reraised, this guy was all in. So along with cards you also needed some balls. This drunk guy outdrew two people badly, one was KK to 22 so his stack was up to around $450 (he bought in for 400 at this point). Anyway a hand comes up where he is the big blind. I limp for $2 utg ($175 stack), some short stack calls $2, the dealer calls $2 ($800 stack), and the drunk man puts up the $25 raise ($450 about). I call with kq diamonds and figured im ahead ( I thought about making it $100 to go but I took a flop). The other two guys call and I immediately regret not raising. Anyway the flop comes 8,3,A diamonds. Drunk man bets $50, I call, short stack moves in for $78. The dealer button says he wants to raise. The actual dealer said that he couldn't. After much discussion about how since the all-in bet was more than half the first bet, the dealer button should have been allowed to raise. The idiot Foxwoods dealer didn't understand English, let alone the rule, and he quickly developed a nasty attitude. He said "No raise, just call." The dealer button just was annoyed and said fine. The turn was a black 4 and the drunk man goes all-in. I call. The button calls as well. Huge pot for a 1,2 game. Anyway the river brings a diamond and the button screams "[censored]". He has two black pocket kings. The drunk flips 56 offsuit with one diamond. So he takes down the side pot which was quite large as well. The button is yelling about how he shouldve been allowed to raise when the short stack moved all-in. And the drunk wouldnt have called until he got the straight draw. Anyways after alot of screaming and yelling, I said "ship it" and took down a massive pot. Also took $150 off the drunk about two hands later.
So if any of you actually read this entire thing, have any of you had bad experiences with Foxwoods dealers in the past. In the end, the button shouldve called the floor to allow his raise but I think he didnt because he knew the drunk had nothing (as was the case for the whole night).