Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 02:13 PM

Default Re: Turned a Big Draw, Bet or Check Behind?

[ QUOTE ]
I'd almost never 3-bet all in here, could i be enlightend? We are assuming good FE against a thinking opponent like Gamble right?

[/ QUOTE ]

After putting the range through pokerstove, I'm pretty sure I'm wrong here.

He needs to be bluffing 30% of the time if we give him all sets and straight draws/made straights in his range.

Oops.

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 11-15-2005, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd almost never 3-bet all in here, could i be enlightend? We are assuming good FE against a thinking opponent like Gamble right?

[/ QUOTE ]

After putting the range through pokerstove, I'm pretty sure I'm wrong here.

He needs to be bluffing 30% of the time if we give him all sets and straight draws/made straights in his range.

Oops.

Regards,
Woodguy

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasn't it earlier today that you described yourself as weak-tight? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2005, 03:35 PM

I would fire again on the turn, however, if I miss on the river and assuming he misses his spade if that is what he had, shouldnt we check behind after the river card, assuming he will only call with the better hand? Someone mentioned to bet/raise any non-spade but I feel after missing our draw we should check behind if checked too. Is this too weak? Woodguy? Or should we be firing the 3rd barrel on the river if we miss everything?
Old 11-15-2005, 03:37 PM

This looks to me like a spade flush draw, a pocket pair, or something like A8/A7. I don't know that you are pushing him off any hands that you want him to fold, and you are pushing him off hands you want him to call with. I'd check behind and call a small river bet if you don't hit or hit your Ace. If you hit the Jack or flush, I'd bet/raise.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Someone mentioned to bet/raise any non-spade but I feel after missing our draw we should check behind if checked too. Is this too weak? Woodguy? Or should we be firing the 3rd barrel on the river if we miss everything?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure.

In a vacuum I'd say if he calls the turn he's either made or has more than a spade draw going for him. (although a made hand probably c/r here often)

I have a habit of missing value bets on the river or making bad bluffs on the river, so I don't feel qualified to give an answer here.

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 11-15-2005, 04:33 PM

I pot the river if checked to and a blank peels off, for the simple reason that I don't see any hand he can be playing that way that can call that bet.

Edit: Quick elaboration: a lot of times in those exact situations, in position, I'll look at a blank river and basically say to myself talking to my oppoennt - "hey, you realize that if you check here you've just given me the pot, right?" They check, I push/bet depending on stack sizes, they fold. Once in a blue moon I'm called, but I take those the same way I'd take him hitting a 2-outer on the river.

Kirk
Old 11-15-2005, 05:12 PM

Default Re: Partial Results and Another Decision

So I took the SossMan line here, checking behind and taking the free card, which was the very interesting 8d, making my flush but pairing the board in the process (Final Board is 88257).

GambleAB now leads into me for 1k into the 3k pot. He has 8k left and I have him well covered. What's my play?
Old 11-15-2005, 05:42 PM

i'd call. you only have to be right 1/5. he can have a lot of spade draws here, and probably check/calls a hand like 97.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:44 PM

Well your check behind showed weakness and I feel he would have led the turn with a set. IMP the board was way too draw heavy to SP any set on the flop! You made the hand you were drawing too, lets get paid off.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well your check behind showed weakness and I feel he would have led the turn with a set. IMP the board was way too draw heavy to SP any set on the flop! You made the hand you were drawing too, lets get paid off.

[/ QUOTE ]

How much are we raising?