Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 01:15 AM

Default Turned a Big Draw, Bet or Check Behind?

From tonite's 45k, Villain is GambleAB. I get confused as to whether I should be betting here...

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Button (t6700)
SB (t17160)
BB (t10825)
UTG (t11625)
UTG+1 (t6580)
MP1 (t4425)
Hero (t17795)
MP3 (t16275)
CO (t5790)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t600</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls t500, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (t1400) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t800</font>, SB calls t800.

Turn: (t3000) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero ???
Old 11-15-2005, 01:23 AM

Default Re: Turned a Big Draw, Bet or Check Behind?

i fire again, then crap my pants if he check raises me [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I think enough people fold to the second bet here for it to be good though.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i fire again, then 3 bet him if he check raises me

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 11-15-2005, 01:33 AM

I don't see any sort of a made hand he could be playing like this... so by checking behind you're just giving him a free card to complete his draw, while I don't think you'll need to make yours to win this one. I bet about 2K there, and bet the river if the straight/flush draw misses.

I would not be worried about getting check-raised on that turn. The FE of your 3-bet all-in with those stack sizes combined with the odds of hitting make it an automatic play.
But I could be wrong.

btw, this assuming a standard opponent... is there anything special about the one you mentioned?

Kirk
Old 11-15-2005, 01:46 AM

I'd almost never 3-bet all in here, could i be enlightend? We are assuming good FE against a thinking opponent like Gamble right?
Old 11-15-2005, 02:05 AM

take the free card and call a non-spade river (or bet/raise if you get there)
Old 11-15-2005, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
take the free card and call a non-spade river (or bet/raise if you get there)

[/ QUOTE ]

That is scary....
Old 11-15-2005, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see any sort of a made hand he could be playing like this... so by checking behind you're just giving him a free card to complete his draw, while I don't think you'll need to make yours to win this one. I bet about 2K there, and bet the river if the straight/flush draw misses.

I would not be worried about getting check-raised on that turn. The FE of your 3-bet all-in with those stack sizes combined with the odds of hitting make it an automatic play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, at this point with this hand that's my standard line. I'm willing to push to a check-raise as a semi-bluff, and if I'm behind I'll just hit a diamond on the river [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2005, 12:29 PM

I agree that I don't see any made hands taking this line, unless Hero has established a LAG image that is likely to bet on every street and villain is simply using hero's aggression against him. Behind to a lot of hands, I take the free card.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That is scary....

[/ QUOTE ]
Is it scary that my first thoughts about this hand are in line with SossMan's? I really, really hate getting checkraised here, and I think an aggressive player like GambleAB is fairly likely to do so.

Also, I think he's going to bet most rivers, even a diamond, after he senses the turn weakness. So you can extract a decent number of chips when you do hit and maybe pick off a bluff even if you don't. Maybe I'm just being weak-tight in the face of a "name player."