Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-28-2005, 02:01 AM

Default 23K 1/2 hands- still a breakeven rock! Leaks?

I was a significant .25/.50 and .5/1 winner, but I've switched to 1/2(Stars and Crypto) primarily for bonus whoring. Unforunately, I'm just making the bonuses these days. And by these days, I mean almost the entire time I've spent at 1/2.

Here are my stats:
Hands: 23595
VP$P: 12.39
PFR: 6.55
BB/100: -(0.41)
I know, too tight, too passive. Over the past month or so I've attempted to solve this leak by pushing those to 14/7.5, with -(4.85) BB/100 results. 4K hands, but ugh. Bad run, maybe, but is 14/7.5 still weak passive? Probably. My problem with further LAGing is I fondly remember my 11/6 days as days of delicious profit. Small profit, but no 40 BB downswings.

I know I started being such a rock because I was a bit scared money stepping up to $1/$2 at the Cryptos(lowest level offered at the time), and I rationalized it to myself that I was willing to give up BB/100 in exchange for decreased variance when the bonuses were so good(8 BB/100 hands). In retrospect, that only makes sense for the first few months, once my bankroll got healthy there's no reason to give up money if variance can't run me broke.

Aggression:
Preflop 0.82
Flop: 3.37
Turn: 3.53
River: 2.5

Here I'm not sure what the "right" numbers are.
One theory, which I hope isn't true: My days of 11 VP$P taught me horrible lessons about postflop play, and I'm pushing too hard with less premium hands. Do these numbers support that? Basically, I theorize that I need to become more loose aggressive preflop but slow down a bit postflop. I rarely check/call people down, prefering to stupidly 3-bet sets and fold to people I have outkicked.