Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 07:21 PM

Default JTo in LP

Villain in this hand is unknown. BB is a fish, but not awful.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Hoping to isolate the limper.

Flop: (6.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

A pair and a gutshot, that can't be bad.

Turn: (6.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

River: (8.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 8.25 BB

How did I do?
Old 12-06-2005, 07:30 PM

Default Re: JTo in LP

Good raise preflop. I like the raise on the flop aswell, showing strenght preflop and postflop will tell us alot of his hand. He checks the turn so either he has a Q being scared of an overpair or he too have an J or is on a draw of some kind. His check on the river screams "I have no Q" so I bet it here expecting to be called by a worse J or in worst case, KJ.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:34 PM

Preflop - good
Flop - good
Turn - Q here probably doesn't hurt you. If you were behind to a pair of Q's you're more behind to trips but with 2 checks in front of you, you're probably still ahead. I like your bet and love that you weren't raised. At this point I put your opponent on a straight or flush draw (smaller pair less likely with possible trips out and you leading out).
River - depends on reads; if he will slowplay the flush check behind. If he won't slowplay and will call a bet (unlikely) then bet it out.
I like it as played...
Old 12-06-2005, 07:38 PM

I'd limp preflop. I just don't like committing two bets with a hand as weak as JTo.

I like the flop raise--maybe even more after just limping in.

I agree fully with the turn, though I'd bet the river, hoping to induce a fold from a hand with no Q. If villain CRs the river, I'd seriously consider folding though.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:57 PM

(Grunch)

I would've folded preflop. I only would've tried the raise to isolate/steal if this was folded to me. If that were the case, then I think your postflop was alright.

However, the passivity shown by your opponent means you probably have him beat here.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:39 PM

Did I miss something during my time off? When did any two offsuit T+ become a raise pf?

Edit:
[ QUOTE ]
I agree fully with the turn, though I'd bet the river, hoping to induce a fold from a hand with no Q. If villain CRs the river, I'd seriously consider folding though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think anything we beat is folding here.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:07 PM

In retrospect, Eeegah is almost certainly correct here about being unable to induce a fold from a better hand. Villain still seems a little weak though, so there is some chance that a river bet will be for value, though most of the time I am expecting to see a hand like KJ.

Edit:
Actually, thinking about the hand more and seeing the 3-flush, I like the river check.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:07 PM

Not a good hand to be trying to isolate an unknown EP limper with a loose blind behind you. The rest of the hand looks ok.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:48 PM

grunchin away..

pre-flop: I have no clue why we are raising JT? why isolate with this hand? limp if this table is loose.

flop: I think you scared LPP into thinking you have a better Q or maybe a big pair? I am just calling this flop.

turn: I think I prefer a check here and bet a safe river card.

river: based on turn action, this seems fine
Old 12-07-2005, 12:27 AM

I don't usually try and isolate an unknown with JTo. Having position helps, but when he donks the flop, I feel a Q coming on. Are you prepared to let this one go if you miss? The way the hand went down after that looks good.