Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2005, 07:56 PM

Default Re: QQ vs. AK

10 outs.
Old 01-08-2005, 12:04 AM

I don't know as much about the table/opponent as you do since I wasn't the one playing, but why do you think he has AK based on his re-raise? Couldn't he just as easily have KK, and to a lesser degree AA? If I was to re-raise a hand there, be it AA or AK, I would most likely re-raise to about 60, but either way I don't think most people vary their size of preflop re-raise based on the strength of their hand.

Also, the flop bet of 100 looks like it could very well be AA. Based on your play you almost certainly have a med-high pp, which means he most likely has you drawing to 2 outs. How much do you think he would bet if he had AA/KK?
Old 01-08-2005, 12:15 AM

I figured between the size of the reraise the size of the bet on the flop that it wasn't AA or KK simply because he wants action with those hands since they're made hands. With AK he wanted to take it down before the flop, which is what I assumed since it was more than 3x my original raise. Anyway it very easily could have been either of those hands which is what I assumed when he called the all-in. Just frustrating when you've got a guy read the entire way and he made a poor play and gets rewarded. Whatever, that's poker.
Old 01-08-2005, 12:40 AM

HG, most people aren't preflop reraising a $20 bet with AK in that game. I'll reraise minraises all the time with AK, but I'm not going to pop a $20 bettor (unless he's on the button), and few people will.

Do be careful with the power moves. Most of the time, you're going to see KK or AA there.
Old 01-08-2005, 12:54 AM

I've seen it happen plenty of times on PR, that's why I immediately assumed it was AK. If it was a raise to 40 or 50 in that range, then I'd probably think differently.