Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2005, 02:03 PM

Default WSOP Bubble Insurance for Free?

I have no association with Bluff magazine...let me know if I should edit this, please.

Bluff Brings Bubble Insurance to the WSOP

June 27, 2005 (Atlanta, GA) - The worst place to finish in any poker tournament is on the bubble. But finishing on the bubble at the World Series of Poker (WSOP) is the absolute worst finish in the entire sport of poker. Finishing just one seat out of the money at the WSOP means you’ve blown your $10,000 entry fee, labored a week grinding your way to the brink of victory; yet receive NO reward or recognition for your efforts. One seat OUT of the money is every player’s nightmare.

But Bluff Magazine (www.bluffmagazine.com) thinks that finishing on the Bubble isn’t anything to be ashamed of at the WSOP. With 6,600 players competing for a bracelet this year, the 2005 WSOP is the biggest sporting event in history. So to celebrate 2005’s bubble finishers, Bluff Magazine is offering Bubble Insurance, which could put the last five players finishing OUT of the money in 2005, back into the series in 2006, with a seat sponsored by the largest poker magazine in America.

According to Bluff Magazine Editor, Michael Caselli, “Bubble Insurance is a cool way to take some of the sting out of hitting the felt at 100 mph and missing your shot at becoming a millionaire. Besides paying for next year’s WSOP seat, Bluff will feature all the players that cash in on their Bubble Insurance policy in the magazine, giving them the recognition they deserve for beating thousands of other combatants at poker’s big dance.”

Bluff is offering Bubble Insurance for up to 1,000 players in this year’s 6,600 player field. Players can register for Bubble Insurance for free at the Bluff Magazine trade show booth on July 6, 7, 8, and 9th provided that they agree to wear their free Bluff t-shirt throughout the main event. Bubble Insurance players finishing 1-5 places OUT of the money will be awarded a seat at the 2006 WSOP.

If you are playing in the 2005 WSOP or know someone who is, you can refer them to booth 805 at the WSOP Trade Show, July 6, 7, 8, and 9th where they will be able to insure themselves against going out on the bubble. Bluff Magazine Bubble Insurance is free and available to all 2005 WSOP players.

For more information contact:
Lindsey Rarick

Pop Culture Public Relations

+1 (818) 992-3145

lindsey@popculturepr.com

Eric Morris
Publisher
Bluff Media
+1 (678) 528-0379
eric@bluffmedia.com

About Bluff Magazine (www.bluffmagazine.com)

--
Old 06-27-2005, 04:37 PM

Default Re: WSOP Bubble Insurance for Free?

make sure they buy next year's seat right away -

I think they'll be out of business by next year. (Bluff, not the WSOP)

RB
Old 06-27-2005, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, their magazine circulation has flown past Card Player's, and they continue to grow. I'll take a year long prop bet saying they are doing just fine at this time next year. :P
Old 06-27-2005, 05:23 PM

Where do I go to get my insurance for finishing on the bubble of bubble insurance? There is no feeling more lonely than being that guy that is one spot off of the old bubble on the new bubble getting paid nothing for my labor.
Old 06-27-2005, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
provided that they agree to wear their free Bluff t-shirt throughout the main event.

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm...there are already a thousand pokerstars players (including me) who are committed to wearing their gear.
probably several hundred party-poker players who will be wearing theirs...etc etc.

So, If I want to do this do I just need to wear the Bluff t-shirt UNDERNEATH the pokerstars shirt?

Layered clothing in 105 degree heat in Vegas.....
Great idea!!!
Old 06-27-2005, 05:49 PM

if you have a stars shirt this year, and bluff pays for next year, are you still obliged to stars?
Old 06-27-2005, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, their magazine circulation has flown past Card Player's, and they continue to grow. I'll take a year long prop bet saying they are doing just fine at this time next year. :P

[/ QUOTE ]

If by circulation numbers you mean how many they print and give away for free this probably still isn't true, but it's possible. Nothing against the magazine itself, but their marketing is a lot of hyperbole. I hope they are doing well in a year, but certainly wouldn't take your side of the bet without some good odds.
Old 06-27-2005, 06:37 PM

Same here; I'm already commited to wearing Prima's Jesterware.

Maybe if they have a thong, that would work?
[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Shauna
Old 06-27-2005, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With 6,600 players competing for a bracelet this year, the 2005 WSOP is the biggest sporting event in history.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's leave aside the "is the WSOP a sporting event" question and focus on the obvious garbage in this sentence.

In 2004, there were 36,513 FINISHERS of the New York City Marathon.

They don't call it "Bluff" for nothing, I guess.
Old 06-27-2005, 08:24 PM

so what about the people who finish in 6th-10th place out of the money? Are they gonna have bubble insurance on the bubble insurance?

I'd definetaly get some