Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2005, 08:40 PM

Default Re: What is going on here?

I'm more afraid of him calling two cold, then cold three-betting the river. That screams monster and is a lot more likely than him just doing it with a random hand or whatever.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:57 PM

I agree I think my turn play sucks. I have a bad habit of checking when I'm faced with a situation I wasn't expecting.

If MP2 really blew me off my hand with a hand like 88-99, then he's a guy I'll make sure to never play with again, since he apparently owns my soul. However in reality I can't convince myself he has anything other than 77 (very unlikely A7s with his stats) here based on his action from every street.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:00 PM

What makes you think he has 77 other than the river play?

Would a TAG risk checking the turn through if he had quads? I don't think so, not to mention not 3-betting when it got back to him to trap everyone in the pot for a ton of money.

All I can say about his possible holdings is that, if your read is correct and he is TAG, then I would strongly doubt he has 77.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:07 PM

Only because my action is telling the field I have 7's full (or at least 2's full). His stats would tell me that he especially would realize this, but he either doesn't care (since he can beat me) or is taking a shot at me with a worse hand expecting me to fold (very ballsy in a pot this big).
Old 12-19-2005, 11:47 PM

3-bet the flop and lead the turn, they won't believe you have a 2. Giving MP credit for 77 is ridiculous. He could be doing this with lots of reasonable hands, and even some not reasonable hands. I see people with TAG numbers do weird [censored] all the time.

[ QUOTE ]
(I like the c/r after the 7 fell).

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?
Old 12-20-2005, 05:34 AM

77 makes no sense to me. Are you telling me that MP2 has flopped top boat and is going to try to thin the field on the flop? just doesn't seem likely to me. Nor does his cold call pf. Could he have AA and have been trying to disguise his hand? He calls two cold on the turn with a big PP, and then tries to isolate mp1 on the river. Is this giving him to much credit? I don't know, but not much else about thus hand makes sense to me either.