Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you call raise PF after calling BB?
No 4 11.76%
Yes 30 88.24%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-26-2005, 09:34 PM

Default ready to move up? poker grader results

I've been playing online 2/4 and 3/6 for about the last year and a half, anywhere from one to four tables, with mixed results. I've won around $2000 during that time, playing around 50K hands. Not a very good hourly. (I've played quite a bit live over the last two years; broke even the first and won about 10K the second.) Because of work I quit playing for about 6 months, and when I started again I moved back down to 2/4, started focusing on SSHE and HEPAP concepts, and after a lot of work, have started 4-tabling again. Over the last 3500 hands or so I've been averaging around 2.5 BB/hour. I ran today's session through pokergrader, which, as I just discovered in the last week, is pretty freakin cool, and I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on whether I'm ready to move to 3/6 (4-tables), or higher. The link to the stats is here pokergrader ; I will say that my bluffing success is usually marked ok. I'm not sure why today's is high; the tables today were looser than usual and maybe I failed to make an adjustment, I don't know. Anyways, be great if someone would take a crack at it.

By the way, I've been gone for a while and it's nice to come back and see the same old faces in here; you guys have been a lot of help.
Old 11-26-2005, 09:58 PM

Default Re: ready to move up? poker grader results

I don't think anyone here can tell you whether or not you should move up. This is up to you. Running 3500 hands through pokergrader is not an indication of what you need to do either. Post hands and get advice on how to play. Move up to the next level when you have the bankroll to do so and the knowledge/skill to beat that level.
Old 11-26-2005, 10:05 PM

i should clarify that. I am bankrolled for 300BB at 5-10. My concern is more with my stats; assuming that they are fairly representative of my play, is there anything in that would raise a flag?
Old 11-26-2005, 11:21 PM

If you are using PokerGrader for the basis of figuring out how you are doing I think it works better if you run a bigger chunk of your hands thru it.

Like mine here:

N99PokerGrader

Otherwise it seems like your profit is kind of really low for the amount of time you've spent. You definately would want a much larger sample to go on.

(If you look at mine it might actually look better than yours, but I feel that it's way to small for me to make that move)
Old 11-27-2005, 02:47 AM

I was beating $2/$4 for 3.7bb/100 over 15k hands. Then over my last 3000 hands or so this happened:

http://www.pokergrader.com/display.p...583539&p=1
Old 11-27-2005, 08:24 AM

It's already been said, but you really shouldn't be basing your decision (or more accurately, asking us to) off of 3500 hands.

Now that that's out of the way, whether or not to move up really is more about internal conditions than it is about raw stats (or "grades")...or even about results. You have the bankroll to move up, so that's not an issue. Do you have the confidence? Do you think your game is good enough? Have you done your homework, and scouted some games at the 5/10 level to see how you measure up?

In all honesty, the move from 2/4 to 3/6 is much more difficult than the one from 3/6 to 5/10, at least in my opinion. 2/4 really does play a lot like 1/2, while 3/6 is where you start seeing a fair number of truly tight/aggressive opponents, and even a lot of the donks are capable of making decent moves against you from time to time (and making stoopid moves the rest of the time). Once you've adequately tweaked your game around that, 5/10 is really just more of the same; a little tighter and a little more aggressive, on average, but not a terribly big jump to make. Note that I'm basing my analysis on the games at Party; if you're playing on a different site, I might be a little off.

Sorry to answer your question with more questions, but this really is the kind of decision that you have to make for yourself. Then again, it's been my experience that most people who post this question have already made the decision, and are just looking for some affirmation before taking the plunge. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Nothing wrong with that, just saying. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]