Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2005, 05:20 PM

Default Re: NEPC $565 NL hand............

a reraise on the turn is a bad idea I think as it folds out most TPTK/mid pairish hands you beat and want more chips from.

I would probably call and check call or check raise river depending.
Old 04-03-2005, 05:32 PM

You shouldn't slowplay vulnerable hands. Low trips are like TPMK, it's easily drawn out. I woulda bet the pot on the Flop.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
a reraise on the turn is a bad idea I think as it folds out most TPTK/mid pairish hands you beat and want more chips from.

[/ QUOTE ]

....after thinking about it for a few days, I like this play better than mine for 2 reasons.

#1 - My re-raise is a bet that will most likely only be called by better hands.

#2 - Chip conservation early on in the tournament. Had I just called his mini-rr, I would have had the option to check/call or check/fold to a big bet on the river.

.........lesson learned...in hindsight, my 'mindset' from the previous FL tournament can be viewed as a form of tilt, and it cost me.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:24 AM

Tuff luck.
Were you the one I was introduced to at table 2 early in the tournament.
If it was, it was a pleasure to meet you.
The guy to my left said you were myrtle on stars, but I did not figure on you being a trout.
It must have been right after the hand you described, because I remember you describing the bust out hand while I was in a hand.
Pete
Old 04-05-2005, 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i would check the flop as hero did (not sure if i would c/r or check-call). i'd definitely bet the turn after it got checked through.

but i'd just call the raise and bet the river. i agree with roman that you're going to fold out Tx a lot of times by 3-betting the turn. but i don't like a river check because if i were the villain there's no way i'd bet Tx again on the end. i would make a 1/2 pot bet (maybe a little smaller if an overcard hits) on the end and let him make a crying call.

as hero actually played it, i'd call the push. against 44 (most likely hand, imo), hero has 7 outs for ~15% equity and only needs ~28% to call. there's some chance villain is ahead (but not nearly the 50% that another poster said). against A5, hero has 3 scoop outs and 6 chops, or 6 scoop-equivalent, which is still not too far from what pot odds require he get. against 75 it's a very likely chop.
Old 04-05-2005, 10:54 AM

I almost laughed out loud when I saw this post...I went down at the end of the first level with an almost identical hand.

I limped with 7c8c hoping to hit a good hand against a LAG who was the table bully knowing I would double up without much effort. In retrospect I guess I could've layed this one down but oh well...

The flop is A77 rainbow which is like a dream come true for me since I figure the LAG for A-something. It's checked to me and I bet 100 into the 200 pot (SB and BB still in hand with me and LAG limping). SB and LAG both call, and a little warning bell goes off in my head about the SB...

Turn is a 2, I bet 250 and the LAG tells me he'll put me all in. I gleefully call and the SB also calls turning over 2-7 for a fullhouse. The LAG mucked his cards so I think something A-10 was likely. No help comes for me on the river and I fall into the great trap I set for the LAG...

I'm sure I have to be the only person knocked out of the tourney by 2-7offsuit.

After a couple hours of waiting, I did make most of the $565 back at the 1/2NL tables though...
Old 04-05-2005, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tuff luck.
Were you the one I was introduced to at table 2 early in the tournament.
If it was, it was a pleasure to meet you.
The guy to my left said you were myrtle on stars, but I did not figure on you being a trout.
It must have been right after the hand you described, because I remember you describing the bust out hand while I was in a hand.
Pete

[/ QUOTE ]

yup....t'was me........I came over to tell Edson my tale of woe......

WTG on your finish!!!! Will be there tommorow....hope to see you then.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:27 PM

Won't be back till Friday for the main event.
Are you in?

GL
Old 04-05-2005, 08:33 PM

...playing Act 3 tommorow.....Have been super busy in my biz & haven't had much time at all to play last 6 months....

Hoping to win a seat tommorow.....