Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2005, 10:37 PM

Default Should I have known better ?

I assume that I should have called on the turn and not raised. Should I have figured him for 2 pair at this point w/ his raise? Should I have re-raised him?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 <font color="#A500AF">(antagonist)</font> calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 <font color="#A500AF">(antagonist)</font> calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds.

Flop: (16 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">antagonist bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 folds, antagonist calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (12 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">antagonist bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">antagonist 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

River: (21 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">antagonist bets</font>, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 23 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
antagonist has As Tc (two pair, aces and tens).
Hero has Ah Kd (one pair, aces).
Outcome: antagonist wins 23 BB. </font>

Thanks for your help.
Walkdoc
Old 01-25-2005, 11:03 PM

Default Re: Should I have known better ?

I think calling him down is ok there... You have to raise the turn, and it's too tough to fold when you finally hit your card. Depends on your reads of that guy, but I don't reraise... I just call him down.
Old 01-26-2005, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I assume that I should have called on the turn and not raised. Should I have figured him for 2 pair at this point w/ his raise? Should I have re-raised him?

[/ QUOTE ]

Raising the turn is fine, calling down is fine. In the absence of reads, TPTK is more than enough to look him up in such a large pot (19 BB when you call the 3-bet on the turn).

Try not to bias the responses by leaving out the results and not alluding to them in the title and in your question.
Old 01-26-2005, 02:35 PM

Aaron;
I'll try to not give away the ending so much next time. Sorry about that. You wrote: "Raising the turn is fine, calling down is fine. In the absence of reads, TPTK is more than enough to look him up in such a large pot (19 BB when you call the 3-bet on the turn)."
Excuse my ignorance, but what is TPTK? Oh wait, is it top pair, top kicker?
Also, I think the results where in "invisible ink" automatically. I've seen others delet this completely and not post the results. I've found this strange, butI'm new here.
Thanks for responding.
Sincerely;
Walkdoc
Old 01-26-2005, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Aaron;
I'll try to not give away the ending so much next time. Sorry about that. You wrote: "Raising the turn is fine, calling down is fine. In the absence of reads, TPTK is more than enough to look him up in such a large pot (19 BB when you call the 3-bet on the turn)."
Excuse my ignorance, but what is TPTK? Oh wait, is it top pair, top kicker?
Also, I think the results where in "invisible ink" automatically. I've seen others delet this completely and not post the results. I've found this strange, butI'm new here.
Thanks for responding.
Sincerely;
Walkdoc

[/ QUOTE ]

you're right no about TPTK.

Most people don't put the results in (even in "invisible ink"... I really like that term for white on white text) but may reply to their own thread with the results after 5 or 10 replies. Pretty much, if the results are there people will look at them. Then it taints the result because people will say "the Villian wouldn't make that play without at least two pair or a set" just because they saw that the villian did have two pair or a set.

Also, from time to time you should post hands you win to make sure
(a) you won the most possible, and
(b) to make sure you played it well and didn't luck into a pot.