Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2005, 04:43 PM

Default Gas Prices

When will it stop?

I think the government could pass a law saying that all new cars sold in the US after say.......2020 must depend on something other then fuel. This could be done today if they wanted to. This way we will slowly ween our selfs of oil. We can still have gas stations for the older cars sold before 2020 but after about 20 years after that oil will almost be obesolite(sp).

We will always use oil based products, lawnmowers, dirtbikes, etc. I also know that what Im saying is a long way off, but we need to start acting NOW! IMO the govt.(including the Dem. party) doesnt want to change anything, fact is (not sure of the numbers) people, very few, are making multi-multi billions a year profit off us.
This includes business that we dont connect to oil, but ther must be some connection.

To some up my post Id say America is getting fleeced by or own people and a few foriegn Govts. They have billions even if we manage to make a couple million threw out or own life there is no comparison to the money they scheme from us and that is why the make the polices(billions start govts) and when a bussiness deal goes bad over billions its not just I will sue you, its WARS, killings, and other very bad things. IMO Iraq war now is just a business deal gone wrong between the wealthest people in the world.

PS. not a Bush Bash post, voted twice for him and cant wait to vote for Darth Vader.......I mean Cheney
Old 08-17-2005, 05:23 PM

Default Re: Gas Prices

Oil just went down $2.30 a barrel today, because they are starting to increase production on oil now. More oil consumption just means that the global economy is being industrailized. In europe the average gallon of gas is over $5 some almost at $6 a gallon, so we dont even have it that bad, its not a big deal currently.
Old 08-17-2005, 05:28 PM

If we dont act soon(like next 10 years) it will be more then a big deal. Also I realize Europeans pay top dollar, but they have a very nice public transportation system across the whole continent [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-17-2005, 05:30 PM

It's not a big deal currently? It's a big deal when what was a $50 a month cost is now a $125 a month cost. That's 900 dollars at the end of the year that I don't have...and I don't make enough money to where 900 dollars goes unnoticed or unneeded.

Not every poster on this board is rolled high enough to 6-table the 20/40s on Party...for those of us who are normal people with average salaries, the rising gas prices are of concern. For people with below average salaries, they are a major concern.

Where 75 bucks less a month might mean I can't go to a restaurant or two on the weekend, it might mean the difference between power or no power to someone less fortunate to me.
Old 08-17-2005, 05:53 PM

This is of course only true if we have not yet hit peak oil. Which we may or may not have done. There is a fair chance that we have passed the sustainable peak in production as we speek.
Old 08-17-2005, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oil just went down $2.30 a barrel today

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah! That means gas will be like...12 cents a gallon!!!
Seriously, the fact is that the world's oil supply is finite. It makes perfect sense to be proactive in kicking the fossil fuel monkey off our back sooner rather than later.
Old 08-17-2005, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Never let anyone say conservatives are short on optimism.
Old 08-17-2005, 06:42 PM

The Oil business is the biggest racket the world has ever seen. It makes the gambino crime family(which never really exsited) of the 50s and 60s look like a bunch on girls scouts.
Old 08-18-2005, 02:22 AM

if people just drove toyota corrolla s or a prius. and turned off their engines while waiting for their 4 buck latte then maybe prices would go down with the lessened demand.
no one thinks about conserving, just complaining about payng for a product that is cheaper than ever in present dollars.
dont get me wrong. i drive a big 8000 pound truck and waste the gas but do not complain about the price. if the price is too high i would get the toyota. plus its easy to park.
Old 08-18-2005, 04:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah! That means gas will be like...12 cents a gallon!!!
Seriously, the fact is that the world's oil supply is finite. It makes perfect sense to be proactive in kicking the fossil fuel monkey off our back sooner rather than later.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's talking about a barrel, not a gallon.