Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 04:42 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

it depends. like i said, angelina and i play alot together.

he can make that turn donk w/o even a hand, nevermind a 6. plus i also raise the turn with goods and bluffs so it keeps it balanced...but for me to do that effectively i should bet the river as clark mentioned.

Barron
Old 11-04-2005, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"turn is a great card for me, 6s. angelina bets out, i raise, he hesitates for a sec and calls my bet."

"i dont think he calls the river with the K6."

he is definitely calling you down man.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea you're right. i thought that at the time he could have maybe folded a 7 with a better kicker, but ex post ante its clearly not happeneing. i should probably adjust my value betting range accordingly.

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah you keep saying that, but what hand does he possibly have that includes a lone 7 and a better kicker?
Old 11-04-2005, 04:48 PM

Default Re: hand vs. Angelina

Nice, this is the first interesting thread in Mid for a while now. Good post.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"turn is a great card for me, 6s. angelina bets out, i raise, he hesitates for a sec and calls my bet."

[/ QUOTE ]

yea you're right. i thought that at the time he could have maybe folded a 7 with a better kicker, but ex post ante its clearly not happeneing. i should probably adjust my value betting range accordingly.

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah you keep saying that, but what hand does he possibly have that includes a lone 7 and a better kicker?

[/ QUOTE ]

there are many such hands. semibluff donk bets on the turn that can include any # of straight draws, diamond or spade draws i.e. K7dd, K7ss T7ss T7o, lots of those types of hands.

Barron
Old 11-04-2005, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

there are many such hands. semibluff donk bets on the turn that can include any # of straight draws, diamond or spade draws i.e. K7dd, K7ss T7ss T7o, lots of those types of hands.

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok diamond draws I can see, but the 7 isn't going to have paired both of you very often at all. Are gutshots really calling your turn raise?

You're talking about a very very rare occurence when he's got a better 7 than you.
Old 11-04-2005, 05:15 PM

Default Re: hand vs. Angelina

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is a clear value check. Angelina is not calling that turn bet with the intention of folding for one bet on the river and he doesn't bet that turn on a draw either.

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree about a possible draw being bet. It might be a draw that has improved.
I would bet to get a better 7 to fold. This hand didn't play like a 9 but maybe a weak ace that didn't want you to get away on the flop. I think Ace is less then 50% so I bet plus if my hand was good she doesn't get to see it.
Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

Again I think it's an easy bet because she doesn't play a 9 like this.
She will pay off with the 6 since multiple draws did not get there.
Mike
Old 11-04-2005, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You really need to bet. Giving free showdowns in spots like this is going to ensure that Angelina continues to take shots at you in these headsup situations.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I don't understand...isn't it more important whether our bet on the river is going to be a "value" bet and win 50% or more?

After the turn gets raised and called isn't Angelina going to call down with any hand that can win a showdown?

With the board reading A-9-2-6-7, it seems there are more pairs on the board (discounting X2's somewhat) that beat us than we beat. Do you think he will call with enough 33/44/55/Kx/Qx hands to make this a value bet or do you make this bet for metagame/shania reasons?
Old 11-04-2005, 05:36 PM

He's saying that checking behind on a river after raising the turn in these heads up pots significantly discredits turn raise as a bluff tool.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:03 PM

1) Those thinking that she called the flop in order to take a shot on the turn are wrong. She might do it sometimes, but she called mostly as a drawing hand and as a possible currently winning hand. Most of the time, she will check fold the turn unimproved.
2) She will call the river with any pair because board is heavily drawy, 7 completes straight draws but there are still diamonds out there plus a possible pure bluff.
3) She would put more action on the turn on this drawy board if she had a draw or at least top pair, because on one hand she wants to put the last bet on the river with a draw because there is a fair chance both people are drawing, on the other hand, with any good hands, she wants to make people pay heavily for the privilege of drawing.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're talking about a very very rare occurence when he's got a better 7 than you.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my reaction as well when I read this. Don't forget that he both has to have a better 7, AND he has to fold it! This won't effect the decision unless it is already extremely close, which it doesn't seem to be.

my 2 cents.
eric