Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 11:32 PM

Default Re: hand vs. Angelina

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I do. Why would you not raise that turn card?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because i think that turn donk most likely comes from a made hand that's not folding, I wouldn't be thrilled about getting reraised, because all I have is eight high and diamonds/spades raising here is too transparent? Just listing some arguments, I can definitely see reasons to raise here as well, but don't think it's clear cut.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, the donk bet screams of a hand that isn't folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, people like to semi-bluff raise/check raise when their hands have a ton of outs like the current hand. These semi-bluffs shouldn't rely on you relative hand strength as much as the fold equity you have based on hand reading. Clearly the more outs you have, the less fold equity you need to make a semi-bluff profitable. But I think Barron is choosing a spot with very little fold equity, just a lot of outs.

I'm not sure if calling the turn and raising if you hit is better than OPs line since it is of course possible that Angelina can release quite a few hands here or maybe the donk bet isn't being read correctly as a strong hand that wants to see showdown.

Krishan
Old 11-03-2005, 11:36 PM

I check here, most of the time Angelina puts money in the pot after a river bet from you you're going to be behind.
Old 11-04-2005, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a clear value check. Angelina is not calling that turn bet with the intention of folding for one bet on the river and he doesn't bet that turn on a draw either.

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree about a possible draw being bet. It might be a draw that has improved.
I would bet to get a better 7 to fold. This hand didn't play like a 9 but maybe a weak ace that didn't want you to get away on the flop. I think Ace is less then 50% so I bet plus if my hand was good she doesn't get to see it.
Mike
Old 11-04-2005, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like a bet here...it may chase out a 9.

[/ QUOTE ]
I really don't see second pair folding here pretty much ever with both flush draws (and the straight draw we also had) missing.
Old 11-04-2005, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I do. Why would you not raise that turn card?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because i think that turn donk most likely comes from a made hand that's not folding

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a good shorthanded player. I haven't played with him, but I would assume that that means that he mixes up his play enought that check-calling the flop and leading the turn doesn't automatically mean made hand.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:23 AM

Default RESULTS

so i took the easy way out and checked.

angelina showed Kc6c for a pair of 6s on the turn and i take it down w/ a pair of 7s.

afterwards though i thought that i might fold out a better pair of 7s w/ a draw of somekind in addition to the 9. so im not betting to get a 9 to fold so much as a hands like a flush draw + hand that may contain a 7.

just somehting to think about that nobody mentioned.

Barron
Old 11-04-2005, 07:53 AM

Default Re: RESULTS

Angelina Fekali

[ QUOTE ]
Josif's second child, a smart young girl named Angelina. If the male Fekali family line is decidedly pragmatic, she is the Yang to Izmet's Ying. Born into the family poker money, she cares about chips, but not about dollars. Spending money comes surprisingly natural to her, but try taking a $5 chip off her stack!

[/ QUOTE ]

This was gone over a long time ago right? Is it not actually her but a hoax? Link anyone?
Old 11-04-2005, 07:58 AM

I'm pretty confused by angelina's flop call. From my perspective (if I were playing the hand), the flop totally missed me, there is an ace which my opponent very well could have, what is the point in continuing in the hand? I guess he planned on leading any non broadway turn in an effort to get you to fold, or do you think he was planning on calling you down with his king high unless the board got scary?

If you were in angelina's spot on the flop, what would you usually do and why?

I think there is definitely something I could learn here. Any insight you can give is appreciated.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty confused by angelina's flop call. From my perspective (if I were playing the hand), the flop totally missed me, there is an ace which my opponent very well could have, what is the point in continuing in the hand? I guess he planned on leading any non broadway turn in an effort to get you to fold, or do you think he was planning on calling you down with his king high unless the board got scary?

If you were in angelina's spot on the flop, what would you usually do and why?

I think there is definitely something I could learn here. Any insight you can give is appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

i can't speak for what angelina was thinking.

but i can tell you that ive played enough hands with him to have a history.

we are both very aggressive players, however, for the most part, i require some sort of hand to defend or take the offensive in or out of position.

angelina is capable of playing back very very light, as seen here by his flop call w/ K6cc.

i will, however, fold to that turn donk enough to make it a worthy proposition.

given that he check called the flop and bet the turn i didn't think he had an ace, or even a 9 (although a 9 was more likely than the A at that point, and imo.)

i raised b/c that check call on the flop and turn bet could be done with nothing, albeit a nothing that still beats 8 high.

plus, if called, i have many many outs to make a hand. angelina wont tilt though so thats not a factor. the only implied odds are 1 bet plus the increased fold equity to a riverbet.

had i NOT made a showdownable pair, the river would have been an interesting street...does a 6 call there? what about a 7? a bet may be called for.

but given my hand and the action, i felt a bet would accomplish nothing so i checked.

angelina and i will continue to play together i would assume and playing HU in or out of position makes me think more about a hand and the general texture of the entire hand and those that preceeded it and not just what is happeneing at the moment.

Barron
Old 11-04-2005, 12:05 PM

hearing angelina but not getting jolie following is depressing.