Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2005, 05:10 PM

Default Re: 2 very welll known 2+2, I don\'t get it ? my 3 year old new your h

[ QUOTE ]
Haha, I'm saying that you aren't shy about floating a lot of hands and then cr-ing a lot of flops - and when I had 20 outs on the turn, making it a clear call, a river call seemed close, especially since I didn't think you'd float a small pair there.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

and now we see why...

'cause ya never know what i got...just keep callin
[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

but seriously though, i do think i was playing a wee bit too loose in the sb overall. not no more tho'
-Barron
Old 05-27-2005, 05:35 PM

Yeah I agree your SB call is bad, but hell you cant put a dollar amount on taking that 67 and sticking it right up James's ass. Anyhow, this thread is kinda dumb. If I have a draw and need to get the river I would pay off a lot of the time agaist a tricky player too. It probably only seems so bad because these guys might think on a different level than you. Maybe that not true, I really have no idea, but there is a lot going on in spots like this and you didnt touch on any of it. Barron might think James will call the turn, but not the river with a lot of ace high hands. James might know Barron could be assuming this, and on and on. Also its tough for James to give Barron a 6 after he smooth calls from the sb, and Barron would likely three bet a medium pair. It would also be a strange, although interesting way to play 3 jacks. Maybe they are both thinking about completely different things, who knows, its all about thier past history and how those hands have played out. Anyhow I wouldnt be so quick to critisize.
Old 05-27-2005, 05:37 PM

yer teet look like baked beans.
Old 05-28-2005, 12:42 AM

Nothing looks fishy to me!
Old 05-28-2005, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey hogger, you are plainly an idiot, but even if you weren't, I would feel no need to justify my play to you. If you can't see the merits of calling down against some wacko SB call on a 6JJ board against a habitual bluffer, then I certainly won't sit here and explain them to you.

If you have played so much against me, then I'm sure you have a very good record against me since even three year olds can read my hands. Good luck on the tables.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough.
I never said 3 year olds could read your hands. I said a 3 year old could read this hand for AQ.
Thanks for the input
Old 05-28-2005, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hey hogger, you are plainly an idiot, but even if you weren't, I would feel no need to justify my play to you. If you can't see the merits of calling down against some wacko SB call on a 6JJ board against a habitual bluffer, then I certainly won't sit here and explain them to you.

If you have played so much against me, then I'm sure you have a very good record against me since even three year olds can read my hands. Good luck on the tables.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough.
I never said 3 year olds could read your hands. I said a 3 year old could read this hand for AQ.
Thanks for the input

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, it's easy to read a hand once the hand is all over and you know which hand is best. I could easily have 22-99, AK, AT, KQ, a jack, or any number of hands by the time the action gets to the river and SB has to put a bet in.
-James
Old 05-28-2005, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-James

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough.
Thanks for the input

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, it's easy to read a hand once the hand is all over and you know which hand is best. I could easily have 22-99, AK, AT, KQ, a jack, or any number of hands by the time the action gets to the river and SB has to put a bet in.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes my mistake I guess I just got lucky when I pegged your hand. If you would have shown 55 I would have been wrong and moved on with no thought but 99-77 I would have been surprised.
Sorry I got in your face with the post.
I was discussing this situation the other day and was argueing that Ace high is paying to much. Then this hand came up so I decided to look here for input.
Thanks Mike