Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2005, 01:29 AM

Default Re: 2 very welll known 2+2, I don\'t get it ? my 3 year old new your h

I pity the 160 odd posts of yours that people have had to read...

-SmileyEH
Old 05-27-2005, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
GOD I hate stupid people like you. Just go away... or learn how to write english so other people actually understand it. You write as though you are talking to someone. Idiot. So annoying. Die now. Get hit by a bus.

Blackjack

[/ QUOTE ]

Post of the day.
Old 05-27-2005, 01:37 AM

Default OH NOW i remember...and here\'s what happened....

ok i know exactly what happened here.

i made a horrible sb call vs. james CO raise. i had 7c6c and called james open raise in the SMALL BLIND not the bb. not a typical call and definately a big mistake.

i flopped a pair on a very safe board for me. JJ6. now there is no way in hell james can see me calling with 76cc.

but hogger, you do have to know my style here to understand any of this hand. i checkraise ALOT...and to get away with that style of play i have to do a few things

1) check raise w/ marginal hands.
2) check raise from the blinds with good hands/draws.
3) check raise and bet/3bet turns w/ monsters AND good draws when i think the extra bets will win me a hand a great deal of the time for a bet on the river (rare)

so you see, just because i checkraise, doesn't MEAN i have a hand. i checkraise james like its my effing day job...we've played tens of thousands of hands together and we have a long long history together. he probably had some big ace (i know he had at least an ace)

but what could i have on that flop...a small pair? a jack? a bluff? thats about it...but at that point its hard to say.

i think its almost impossible for him to put me squarely on any 6 but A6s which i'd likely 3 bet (EDIT: after further discussion ATo is my min 3bet hand to james co raise)with him and i'd probably 3 bet most of the pairs i'd c'r with although until we had a discussion i was calling small pairs in the sb and c'ring favorable flops. in fact, had i called 44 here i'd have played it the same way.

but because of the TEXTURE of the flop and the history we have together, this hand warranted an ace high call down.

sometimes Q high should call...

you are mising a lot by taking 1 hand 2 players who have a history play against each other and not ASKING what is going on. since we both play under our names its clear its public domain you can state Dcifrthis calls sb when James282 raises in the CO. you have my permission to post any hand you see me play.

-Barron
Old 05-27-2005, 10:26 AM

Default Re: OH NOW i remember...and here\'s what happened....

[ QUOTE ]
ok i know exactly what happened here.

i made a horrible sb call vs. james CO raise. i had 7c6c and called james open raise in the SMALL BLIND not the bb. not a typical call and definately a big mistake.

i flopped a pair on a very safe board for me. JJ6. now there is no way in hell james can see me calling with 76cc.

but hogger, you do have to know my style here to understand any of this hand. i checkraise ALOT...and to get away with that style of play i have to do a few things

1) check raise w/ marginal hands.
2) check raise from the blinds with good hands/draws.
3) check raise and bet/3bet turns w/ monsters AND good draws when i think the extra bets will win me a hand a great deal of the time for a bet on the river (rare)

so you see, just because i checkraise, doesn't MEAN i have a hand. i checkraise james like its my effing day job...we've played tens of thousands of hands together and we have a long long history together. he probably had some big ace (i know he had at least an ace)

but what could i have on that flop...a small pair? a jack? a bluff? thats about it...but at that point its hard to say.

i think its almost impossible for him to put me squarely on any 6 but A6s which i'd likely 3 bet (EDIT: after further discussion ATo is my min 3bet hand to james co raise)with him and i'd probably 3 bet most of the pairs i'd c'r with although until we had a discussion i was calling small pairs in the sb and c'ring favorable flops. in fact, had i called 44 here i'd have played it the same way.

but because of the TEXTURE of the flop and the history we have together, this hand warranted an ace high call down.

sometimes Q high should call...

you are mising a lot by taking 1 hand 2 players who have a history play against each other and not ASKING what is going on. since we both play under our names its clear its public domain you can state Dcifrthis calls sb when James282 raises in the CO. you have my permission to post any hand you see me play.

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the permission. I didn't want to give the names without it.
I don't know your history with James but I have played allot with both of you.
The only hand he beats is a complete bluff since the flush got there.
My point was since we all know AQ is a call down on the end; shouldn't that make it a fold? FOR NOW.
There is allot of meta game here that we could discuss but as the hand was being played it seemed obvious that you knew he was calling you down with A high. (he should know you know that). This makes it a fold IMO!

P.S.
76 suited is not a horrible call if the guy will pay you off with A high with no resistance!
Old 05-27-2005, 10:50 AM

I think you're overexaggerating how bad your SB call was. I agree you shouldn't do it every time, but I don't think it's nearly as bad as you think it is.
Old 05-27-2005, 11:07 AM

Here is a hand that James and I played together. If you were watching us, you'd think we're both fish. However, allow me to provide some commentary between the action (P.S. now that I look at the HH, AWFUL game man our game selection sucks).

dcifrths: posts small blind $25
james282: posts big blind $50
----- HOLE CARDS -----
dealt to schneids [Jd Ac]
J_V: folds
xxxxx: folds
schneids: raises $100
dcifrths: folds
james282: calls $50
----- FLOP ----- [2s 4s Td]
james282: checks
schneids: bets $50
james282: raises $100
schneids: raises $100
james282: calls $50

OK, I think there's a good shot I have the best hand. He's capable of slowplaying preflop but it's unlikely and this is a good board for him to c/r on, so, I'd like to keep the momentum. Plus, he checkraises me very often.

----- TURN ----- [2s 4s Td][Ks]
james282: checks
schneids: checks

Alright, that card is good and bad. If I'm behind, it gives me more outs. But, I know James is capable of checkraising me with a lone spade and many other worse hands. Value of a free card IMO exceeds the likelihood the tricky MFer check raises me again. If I'm behind I probably have 7 clean outs.

----- RIVER ----- [2s 4s Td Ks][6c]
james282: bets $100
schneids: calls $100

I remember taking a lot of time on this river decision. But I decided that it was too likely James was betting a hand trying to get me to fold a better one since he pretty much knows my turn check means I don't have a king or a ten. I'm very close to folding but close my eyes and call.

----- SHOW DOWN -----
james282: shows [Jc As] (High Card Ace)
schneids: shows [Jd Ac] (High Card Ace)
james282 collected $361 from Main pot
schneids collected $361 from Main pot

I think a lot of hands between two tough players are really pointless to try to learn anything from, unless you happen to have a large context on these players' histories against eachother.

EDIT: for the record my river call was in hopes of beating an A3sooted or A5sooted or any other 100% bluff.
Old 05-27-2005, 02:43 PM

he called also (imo) because i'm also capable of firing that last barrell.

-Barron
Old 05-27-2005, 02:57 PM

Hey hogger, you are plainly an idiot, but even if you weren't, I would feel no need to justify my play to you. If you can't see the merits of calling down against some wacko SB call on a 6JJ board against a habitual bluffer, then I certainly won't sit here and explain them to you.

If you have played so much against me, then I'm sure you have a very good record against me since even three year olds can read my hands. Good luck on the tables.
-James
Old 05-27-2005, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey hogger, you are plainly an idiot, but even if you weren't, I would feel no need to justify my play to you. If you can't see the merits of calling down against some wacko SB call on a 6JJ board against a habitual bluffer, then I certainly won't sit here and explain them to you.

If you have played so much against me, then I'm sure you have a very good record against me since even three year olds can read my hands. Good luck on the tables.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

uh, bite me?

-Barron
Old 05-27-2005, 03:31 PM

Haha, I'm saying that you aren't shy about floating a lot of hands and then cr-ing a lot of flops - and when I had 20 outs on the turn, making it a clear call, a river call seemed close, especially since I didn't think you'd float a small pair there.
-James