Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2005, 02:23 AM

Default Re: 30/60 Turn decision

Wow I would pop it if I was villian with some hands that our hero bets. AND I AM PASSIVE!
Old 05-13-2005, 02:26 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
Bet, if he raises, I'm seeing the river and folding unimproved.

[/ QUOTE ]

so basically you're looking to fill up? i don't get it [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 05-13-2005, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bet, if he raises, I'm seeing the river and folding unimproved.

[/ QUOTE ]

so basically you're looking to fill up? i don't get it [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

And he's looking to catch some of the people who "raise for a free showdown." Basically, he's pretending like he's up against James or me every hand.
Old 05-13-2005, 02:31 AM

Are you telling me that I would be out of line raising here with AA AK? Even if the guy has made 2 pair some of the time I don't mind charging all these calling stations behind me!
My aggresive factor already suxs according to you, now your telling me to call along with AA on this board!!
Old 05-13-2005, 04:04 AM

OK, I guess I've been away from party for quite awhile, playing with tons of players that are thinking far more than your average party guys, and yes, raising AK or AA on that board would generally be bad vs most players...but given the pot size and the players behind it's not THE WORST...i still think calling is more appropriate.
Old 05-13-2005, 04:14 AM

Yeah you're waaaaay overexaggerating your claims about calling vs. raising the turn if you are UTG. Given the board and what types of hands people can have i don't think there's that big of a difference plus you got some outs if behind against a lot of the potential hands. Plus the pot is uber big k thx raising isn't so bad.
Old 05-13-2005, 07:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BK is on crack I'd never fold the river unimproved barring extreme extreme turn and river action.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Esp. Given that PRF has the whole field behind him making him more likely to raise AA AK on the turn.

[ QUOTE ]

FU I've been playing Party 30/60 and seeing all kinds of sh!t even from "solid" players.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just wanted to 2nd this. The greatest change in my 15/30 game to 30/60 game is making gaybets since all of these 'solid' players love there 3 bet/cap free card plays and adore free showdown plays.
Old 05-13-2005, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OMG like hell AK or AA doesn't raise that turn often in Party, even by decent players. Why can't he raise the turn and check the river if he doesn't improve? Lots of good players do that. Yes I know the pot is multiway. I'm sure many players are thinking "I gotta charge JT and QT and KT and other assorted [censored], I gotta raise."

Please. Two pair ============== showdown for 1 bet in party.

P.S. You never specified what you'd do if you get raised by UTG and he checks river and someone else bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't party 10/20 6max. While the 30 players can be donks, there is a lot less of a chance and he said he hadn't seen anything out of line.

The "it's party" excuse is lame and over used.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree completely, people are looking to justify all sorts of bad play with this reason