Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2005, 10:29 PM

Default Re: PM me

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He's not a cheat, nor is he admitting to being a cheat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said use the chat box - IM is very unethical.
Bike you are in a live game and in the middle of the hand you start wispering to each other about the weather. You don't think other players would find this unethical at the table?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's so different. Nobody cares to read our goofy conversation on the chat box, nor is it a public conversation, nor is it cheating, nor do I care if you think it is, nor am I going to stop.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:30 PM

ROFLMAO. Are you talking about Diablo?

We all know Diablo cheats. He cheated at online boggle for goodness sakes.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ROFLMAO. Are you talking about Diablo?

We all know Diablo cheats. He cheated at online boggle for goodness sakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO. I wasn't, but that's funny as hell! Good call, I completely forgot about that.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Paluka I am not impressed, using IM instead of the chat box is like wispering to your friend in a BM during the hand. I don't care if it is about some broad it is very unethical!

[/ QUOTE ]

are you kidding? So if a friend and i are talking about what we did last weekend and we're sitting at the same table it's unethical?

Get a clue. This is unbelievable. You've lost all credibility in my eyes, and I'm sure I have in yours. It's ok though. Maybe we could get this settled over an AIM convo while playing on the same tables. That might settle it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry Ive lost your credibility, I never said you were a cheat - I said this is very unethical IMO
I stand by my opinion. And yes talking in front of the table is fine (that is what the chat box is for online)
MIke
YEs maybe that would settle
Old 04-06-2005, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bike you are in a live game and in the middle of the hand you start wispering to each other about the weather. You don't think other players would find this unethical at the table?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's so different. Nobody cares to read our goofy conversation on the chat box, nor is it a public conversation, nor is it cheating, nor do I care if you think it is, nor am I going to stop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, first off I might of jumped to quick b/c I was an a very pissed off mood already b/c a bunch of students played in a big online tourney together at the university on the weekend and one of them won with tons of help. They suggested they were not colluding.
When this thread started bike they were not claiming to talk about there goofy weekend. They claimed they were using IM in this thread for one purpose only "to discuss hands" This pissed me off. I don't care if they are waiting to the hand is over, it just doesn't look or sound good to me.
Mike
Old 04-06-2005, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, first off I might of jumped to quick b/c I was an a very pissed off mood already b/c a bunch of students played in a big online tourney together at the university on the weekend and one of them won with tons of help. They suggested they were not colluding.
When this thread started bike they were not claiming to talk about there goofy weekend. They claimed they were using IM in this thread for one purpose only "to discuss hands" This pissed me off. I don't care if they are waiting to the hand is over, it just doesn't look or sound good to me.
Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

We do discuss hands after the fact. I don't think that's cheating either. People do that at live games too, if you wanna go back to that.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:52 PM

Default WORST THREAD OF THE YEAR

I've never had the displeasure of reading a thread with more whining, babbling, moronic statements than this one. Like a bunch of cackling old women playing rack rummy or cribbage or something.

Even the first post, "desperate for help", is gay enough. Then all the other crap about .01/.02 and cheating?

Get rid of this damn thread so I can read some legitimate mid/hi limit discussion without scrolling down through this crap.

This sucks.

TSP
Old 04-06-2005, 11:02 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default Re: WORST THREAD OF THE YEAR

yeah, we need to move on to regular discussions. you can drop by, let us know your thoughts, and then make yet another announcement about how you're quitting because you can't beat the game. now THAT'S quality discussion!
Old 04-06-2005, 11:05 PM

Default Re: WORST THREAD OF THE YEAR

[ QUOTE ]
Get rid of this damn thread so I can read some legitimate mid/hi limit discussion without scrolling down through this crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah because it's really hard to scroll past one thread.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:44 PM

Hogger-

It is the *appearance* of possible collusion that you deem unethical, and I have to agree that you have a point. In a live game, I wouldn't want someone I'm in a hand against to start receiving whispers from the guy sitting next to him. If he's talking about the weather, then he can do it loud enough for everyone to hear. Most card rooms have a rule, "one player to a hand" and it can be enforced. So in this respect, I agree with you.

FWIW- I think you're making too large of an issue out of it here though. There is nothing you or I can do about online collusion. It can and does occur. I have written it off as a cost of doing business in the way that a company would write off bad accounts. If two people want to IM or even talk on the phone, you cannot prevent them. The question is, what is it costing you?

I also believe it might occur less than you think. I for one, believe bike when he says he doesn't collude even though he has every opportunity to do so. I was once in an online game with a good friend of mine who I play live with all the time. We talked about the game and the players, and how they play, but not once did either of us think to collude even though it would've been very easy to do! It was like an unwritten rule that both of us were above that. I didn't help him and he didn't help me. I'm happy to say that the subject was never even brought up. I played my hands and he played his. Once (I was out of the hand), he made a flush and got raised on the river. He was thinking out loud on the phone, "Can this guy have the ace?". I mucked the ace of the suit and didn't tell him until after the hand. I wondered if he'd get mad, but he didn't say a thing.

This is a very long winded way of saying that while people are sure to collude, there are also many many other players capable of IMing each other while maintaining the integrity of the game. I've always said that most people who would cheat aren't very good anyway.