Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2005, 04:46 AM

Default Re: Attitudes Around Here

[ QUOTE ]
Great post. I found instant hostility when I started posting here, and responded with hostility. Probably shouldn't have, but what's done is done. I find most of the posts on here totally useless. Every once in a blue moon there's some really solid advice or someone you can tell is making a genuine attempt at talking legit strategy and not just stroking their own egos. But not often.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, the irony.
Old 11-19-2005, 04:50 AM

Negative responses, condescension, and hostility from some posters regarding my bad posts and advice have helped my game.

If a solid poster denigrates, thank him for the help. You'll be "richer" for it.
Old 11-19-2005, 06:47 AM

yeah i was flabergasted by this post as well
Old 11-19-2005, 09:51 AM

Default HEY TEX

Tex, you're a funny guy. You came into the forum with guns blazing. Then you proved you've got some sense and guts by recanting the shooting. Then you ask for help, Daryn gives an unwelcome response to the latest turn of events, and this is how you respond to him.

[ QUOTE ]
you must be a sad, lonely little man.

i am sorry if you were abused as a child, but if you must attempt to belittle people in order to gain self esteem, i really think you should seek mental and spiritual guidance.

i do not want to imagine how miserable your life must be.

i am truly sympathetic to you, because you seem to be a damaged person.

Tex

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Daryn doesn't like your post and you insult him as best you can, going so far as to suggest he was abused as a child.

People who were abused as kids never forget it. The best they ever hope for is to just ignore and cope with it. I'm not one, but know a few of them. It's like they've been cursed for the rest of their lives.

[ QUOTE ]
And when the moderator gives a member a title like WARNING....blahblahblah, well, it gives guys like daryn the idea it's okay to blast me, because, well, the moderator kind of condones it in some sort of way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you're the victim of Daryn's of others constant ridicule. Try to understand something. You can't be all things - expert, apologist, help seeker, ridiculer, victim. You've been wrong more than right. You're not the first and won't be the last. No big deal. We all make mistakes. Just stop playing the victim here. You're not. You're just someone who started on the wrong foot and is working to get on the right one.
Old 11-19-2005, 10:45 AM

They can disagree with you and discuss it. But if they are denegrating itto boost there own ego. Sure its probably better than no advice if you not thin skinned. But there is no reason for the denegration excpet to make themself feel like a big man. they can disagree without acting like an azz.
Old 11-19-2005, 03:10 PM

Default Re: HEY TEX

Dude, just let it go.
Old 11-19-2005, 03:14 PM

Just an observation from an avid mid-high lurker. But you guys started to lose this forum around this last March, when you let Bicyclekick turn the forum in to his own personal trophy wall.

Now it seems most of the high post threads are spent talking about Derb, A flame fest, or Ego jousting.
Old 11-19-2005, 03:51 PM

whatever
Old 11-19-2005, 04:02 PM

Hey, i agree with most of what you said. Sure, I did come in here "guns blazing", but I didnt get sarcastic or rude until the some of the long time members (and even those who had just joined) brought out the blow torches and flamed away. Here, as in real life, I cant really keep my mouth shut. And when I make public declaration that I've got so much work to do on my game and that I kind of put my foot in my mouth in a big way about playing the 30-60 game, well, I figured that people would take it for what it was. When I post something, and some hack replies "I really hate you", well, my response to that will be both sincere and edged. I was serious about what I said. I dont think child abuse is funny, but I've read Daryns posts and he seems to be a person who feels deathly inadequette and insecure. I guess I should have pm'd that, but, seriously, the guy gets way out of line. If you dont like a post around here, the best thing to do would be to ignore it and let the moderators decide what to do about it.

This is what happens when you put a bunch of poker players with varying levels of expertise together in a forum where they can say whatever they want without having to ever come into contact with the people they insult applaud or degrade. But you know what, it's still the best damn limit poker forum on the net, so I dont really give a [censored] until someone rears back and starts swinging at me from their keyboard.

Tex
Old 11-19-2005, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just an observation from an avid mid-high lurker. But you guys started to lose this forum around this last March, when you let Bicyclekick turn the forum in to his own personal trophy wall.

[/ QUOTE ]

ha