Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 01:36 AM

Default Two hands from this evening...

Hand 1 I just sat down a few rounds ago, so no real reads, except that both villains MIGHT be somewhat loose.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Button ($187)
SB ($201.60)
BB ($353.38)
Hero ($195)
MP ($279.40)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8</font>, MP calls $8, Button calls $8, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($27) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $20</font>, MP calls $20, Button calls $20.

Turn: ($87) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $50</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $100</font>, Hero calls $117 (All-In), Button calls $59 (All-In).

River: ($413) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $413

As you can see, I was lost on the turn.

Hand two villain is a donkey. 50/2/0.8.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

BB ($303.83)
UTG ($101.07)
MP ($194.70)
CO ($267.35)
Hero ($208.65)
SB ($196)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $8</font>, CO calls $8, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $25</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP folds, CO calls $17.

Flop: ($61) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO bets $10</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $40</font>, CO calls $30.

Turn: ($141) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO calls $202.35 (All-In) Hero?

What is CO's hand range right here? What is hero's play?

Comments on all streets are welcome and appreciated.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:42 AM

Default Re: Two hands from this evening...

hand 1: standard. If you lose to a higher kicker, that sucks. NH IMO.

hand 2: I think the turn is a fold. Btw, I like a bigger raise PF. Villan's push sortve looks like a bluff, but I think you are behind. Read dependent I think.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:56 AM

Hand 1 was well played, although I bet a little more on the flop.

Dont feel lost on the turn, your bet size was OK, I'd actually hedge it a little higher. Looks like the minraise is trouble, hopefully he didnt have KT or such. But this was good

Hand 2 I'd consider just calling pf. Eventhough he's a donkey, it seems he doesnt raise much pf. And if he IS a donkey, you could get paid off down theroad just calling. His AF is pretty small as is his PFR amount, but it looks like a chop. Only one combination of AA, and I dont think he raises AJ based on those stats. (And may fold to rr) JJ doesnt seem likely, either, based on flop call..

So you should call, expect a chop, (it's only 150 or so for you to call, effective stacks) so his bet is roughly pot sized. mathematically, (well, he COULD have AKc, but only one combo of that too) you need him to have AK or XX 2:1 when he has AA, and he should have AK (or worse, which is great, I jsut dont see it though) for you to call.

So I call, and think, hmm, maybe I should've called pf vs this guy.

Both hands look pretty solid though.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:03 AM

The thing that worried me on hand one was the fact that there were TWO callers on the flop. I thought one of them might be on a flush draw so I figured betting was good. Anyway villain ended up having TT in that hand for the boat and MHWNG. Oh well.

Hand two CO actually cold called preflop, another guy raised, but either way I was about to fold on the turn and then I thought, what could he really have that calls my reraise pre, probably AK maybe AQ, so I called. He had AJ. Meh.

Thanks for the feedback guys.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand two CO actually cold called preflop, another guy raised, but either way I was about to fold on the turn and then I thought, what could he really have that calls my reraise pre, probably AK maybe AQ, so I called. He had AJ. Meh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good call, that changes things. I misread so my advice is skewed. makes it maybe a turn fold given his passivity. hah... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-02-2005, 03:08 AM

Hand 2--he has AJ. Against a nondonkey I'd be more prone to consider calling but donkey's usually don't bluff allin's into a raiser on the turn (key word here is turn...)

Hand 1--TT maybe KT. I really don't think he has a weaker K non boat. A lot of those would just smooth call you down or push not wanting you to chase one of those huge draws on that board. Maybe I play better opponents though... lol (I'm also not saying I would have automatically folded though...)