Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2005, 11:12 PM

Default QQ vs. overbet UTG raise

Early in $40 supersatllite

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (9 handed) converter

UTG (t1535)
UTG+1 (t960)
MP1 (t1405)
MP2 (t1990)
MP3 (t1795)
CO (t1175)
Button (t1545)
SB (t4490)
Hero (t1440)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t175</font>, <font color="#666666">7 folds</font>,
How do I play this?
Old 10-15-2005, 11:18 PM

Default Re: QQ vs. overbet UTG raise

I would just call and bet on a flop of all unders and check to the overcards. Not sure if most will agree or not. I like to see flops with QQ rather than getting it all in early on in a tourney.
Old 10-15-2005, 11:28 PM

well you can't fold.
Calling seems best, but you are pretty much going to get stacked on an undercard flop.
Raising would be the other option, but playing HU OOP seems too tricky sometimes
So in summary, call and play from there
Old 10-15-2005, 11:33 PM

I call, bet any flop checked to me, 1/2 pot bet if any A/K comes, pot bet if not. You can't be too scared of an A or K, as so often he has an underpair and is just as afraid of them. I'm putting him on JJ here (probably about 30%, not solid, but best read I've got). JJ hates to be UTG, you can't fold them, so you want just take down the pot (At least this is my JJ experience). They're like wandering around in the dark. If he re-raises I probably fold with an A/K showing or call with only unders. If he checks to me on the turn, I probably bet again. I'm probably more afraid of a re-raise here, but what to do now is up to you. I'm not sitting there.

If he bets the flop, I re-raise with only unders, and call with an A/K showing. With an A/K flop, I fold if he bets on the turn, and I bet if he checks. If he re-raises I fold. If he calls, I'm done putting chips into this hand. It's either checked down or I fold.

Will