Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2005, 07:17 PM

Default Re: Would you have folded AK here?

[ QUOTE ]
*grunching*

I dont fold here. The raise makes no sense. The 4s is a blank and he acts like it hit him? Would someone really call down with a pair of 4's? Or play that way with K4, J4, 24, KJ, 64, or 35? It just looks like making a play at a big pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quite often MP2 will be slowplaying something like 66 here.
Old 05-19-2005, 07:44 PM

More than 1 in 10 it is a donkbet. I call. People playing a set on the flop usually get into the raising war on the turn (especially when a straight and flush card drops on the turn). You are really only worried about UTG+1 having a set on this call and getting 3 bet. But the river raise is so strange in relation to the action they will just call without the nuts. And the overriding reason to do it, its a big pot.
Old 05-19-2005, 07:46 PM

On a scale of 1-10, I think this hand is a 10...you played it perfectly imo. When he 3-bets the flop, you are hoping for a chop that you will be getting freerolled by 1/3 of the time (AK [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] / AK [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]). I don't see any hand that you beat when UTG+1 makes it 3-bets on the flop.

Brad
Old 05-19-2005, 08:03 PM

On this ragged board, against the average loose/passive player (you said no reads), I don't think that top pair is good here one time in 11, which is what would need to be the case to call. It's very close, though, I think, and the pot is huge, so a call might be okay. With the raise on the river, (again with average opponents) I just can't imagine that you are ahead here 1 in 11 times. Of course, this might be one of this situations where calling just to prevent going on tilt might work also. Suppose that a call is incorrect, and you (correctly) fold only to see that you had the best hand. That might cost more than this close decision.

Nak
Old 05-19-2005, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
miles I was picking through the archives last night and you were once a readless monkey as well [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not saying he should automatically have reads here, I'm say he now needs to take note of their play here and use the information in the future. I made a post last night where I didn't have a read..

[ QUOTE ]

Pokertracker has just gotten sufficient hands on these two players to auto rate them: UTG+1 TPP (mouse); MP2 LPP (fish). If you'd had these reads before the hand, what would you have done differently (if any)?

[/ QUOTE ]
Those still aren't reads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Grrrrrrr. Someone did this to me, too (was it you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]). Yes, those are reads. A read is knowledge of the playing tendencies of a player. Statitistics can give you such knowledge. Now, we may debate how sounds those reads are, yadda, yadda, but they are reads. Anyway,

"Use tells [or reads] cautiously in large pots." SSHE, p. 246.

Nak
Old 05-19-2005, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On a scale of 1-10, I think this hand is a 10...you played it perfectly imo. When he 3-bets the flop, you are hoping for a chop that you will be getting freerolled by 1/3 of the time (AK [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] / AK [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]). I don't see any hand that you beat when UTG+1 makes it 3-bets on the flop.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

Once again, this is Party .5/1

I have to respectfully disagree. Donks are out there. Just because he 3-bets the flop doesn't mean we have to automatically assume he as AK or better.
Old 05-19-2005, 08:27 PM

I would play it just the same way you did through the turn. On the river however, although I don't like the way your chances look especially since MP2 raised the very aggressive UTG1; I'd pay the two bets getting 10:1 with Top Pair, Top Kicker, especially without reads.
Old 05-19-2005, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Get ready to cringe:

[/ QUOTE ]
I win!
Old 05-19-2005, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Would someone really ...play that way with K4, J4, 24, KJ, 64, or 35?

[/ QUOTE ]Quite often MP2 will be slowplaying something like 66 here.

[/ QUOTE ]
I could see a .5/1 Donk playing 35 that way. If it was s00ted! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Also the slowplayed set possible, ya.
Old 05-19-2005, 08:42 PM

let me ask you this.. what the hell did that 4 change on the river? nothing. I call.