Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 10:47 AM

Default 2nd nuts how far do you go?

BB is your standard multitabling TAG 16/11/2.3
MP1 is part of the reason I'm in this game, 46/12/0.5
As you can see I posted, so this is my very first hand at the table.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $15.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, Hero (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (13 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero..?

Do you cap this turn?
And how close is it?
Old 11-02-2005, 10:55 AM

Default Re: 2nd nuts how far do you go?

First up I'm raising preflop. Second up is raising the flop worth it? Third up yes, I'm capping for value. BB probably has Aces or Kings here. MP1 has something like a straight draw or trip 8s or 9s or just A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2005, 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
First up I'm raising preflop. Second up is raising the flop worth it? Third up yes, I'm capping for value. BB probably has Aces or Kings here. MP1 has something like a straight draw or trip 8s or 9s or just A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you raising preflop?
Yes capping the flop is definately really worth it.

It's harder to me to analyze this hand unbiased cus I know the results [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2005, 11:38 AM

I cap this turn and am loving it. If there is significant river action i might want to puke, but there is aboslutely no way you can get away from it.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:40 AM

raise preflop. your hand + position + likely hands of opponents (they both limped) warrants a raise to charge the blinds and win the button.

on the flop, raise is standard due to free card + equity considerations.

on the turn, people can easily overplay a strong hand like 7s6s or Js9s strongly on the flop. BB then would have a "concealed" hand going into the turn. he MAY have AsQs or a lower suited ace but you'll have to find out with some of the dead money in there (i.e. sb and MP1 are drawing dead if bb has the ace. and if he does have the ace high flush, you only lose your money, whereas you'd win all 3 of their bets.) id definately cap the turn.

Barron
Old 11-02-2005, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
raise preflop. your hand + position + likely hands of opponents (they both limped) warrants a raise to charge the blinds and win the button.

on the flop, raise is standard due to free card + equity considerations.

on the turn, people can easily overplay a strong hand like 7s6s or Js9s strongly on the flop. BB then would have a "concealed" hand going into the turn. he MAY have AsQs or a lower suited ace but you'll have to find out with some of the dead money in there (i.e. sb and MP1 are drawing dead if bb has the ace. and if he does have the ace high flush, you only lose your money, whereas you'd win all 3 of their bets.) id definately cap the turn.

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious, what are you doing preflop if you hadn't posted?

And as for the actual hand, BB doesn't have AsQs cus I have the Qs, but he could have something like AsJs or something.

And if I cap the turn I only get two bets, as the SB folded to my 2bet.

Still though, I don't think any of this changes the situation enough, I personally also think that it is a good turn cap.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why are you raising preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Anytime I have two suited cards over 10 in late position, and it has been limped/folded around to me, I'm raising to win the button and to scare away the blinds.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:50 PM

capping the turn here is so easy.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:08 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

i would cap this turn absolutely never in this situation, it's not even close, and i can't begin to understand why anybody is considering it.

since you're asking the question it probably means he had a worse hand, though.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BB is your standard multitabling TAG 16/11/2.3
MP1 is part of the reason I'm in this game, 46/12/0.5
As you can see I posted, so this is my very first hand at the table.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $15.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, Hero (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (13 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero..?

Do you cap this turn?
And how close is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

If BB (a TAG) had the nut flush draw, I doubt he would have made his first raise on the flop since it is likely to shut out the field. So, yes, cap the turn. And I would raise PF too.