Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 01:02 AM

Default Re: What is Our Line?

You capped PF? I'd raise the flop, and fold to a 3-bet.

If he just calls the raise, I'd fold to a donk, but bet if checked to, and fold to a c'r. On the river, i'd check UI, call a donk.....
Old 11-08-2005, 01:22 AM

The question here is will sb fold 99,TT to a raise or will he call down, also will he fold KK, QQ, to a raise, i very much doubt it.

To be honest i go call, call, you dont want 99,TT folding and i dont think you will get KK,QQ to fold, so it just seems call call is best to me
Old 11-08-2005, 01:35 AM

i think flawless is deadon here. raise the turn! a 3bet and you gotta muck, but if SB is as good as you say, he may fold a better hand...and limper pays you off
Old 11-08-2005, 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
50-100. I have JJ in MP. One very loose limper in EP. I raise. Folded to the SB, a very good player. He reraises. The limper calls two more and I cap. Three of us see the flop of A-A-3 rainbow. SB bets, limper calls. What's your line for the rest of this hand and why?

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]
If the small blind is indeed a very good player, I dont see him betting 99 or TT on this flop after you capped preflop. I really dont see him betting a worse hand here, and I strongly believe you are drawing to 2 outs, Plus with the weak player calling he could also have an Ace which further lowers your already dismal probability of having the best hand. I would fold the flop. If you do call the flop, I really dont see what raising the turn will accomplish, Ive never heard of an opponent who would fold QQ or KK to a turn raise on this board. So its either fold the turn or call down and pray the SB does indeed have 99 or TT. I would fold the flop and given the way you played it I would fold the turn.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:17 AM

What should SB have that you can beat? And then even if he would have reraised preflop with something like TT, first of all EP could have an ace, second of all you would have to fold the turn anyway if somebody would bet.

So your only chance seems to be to catch a Jack. It's close but I think that even with some implied odds you don't have a call.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:44 AM

Default Re: The Action Continues...

Funny hand. I always call down here...and I'm always beat. SB has me very worried and limper just calling in between 2 pf reraisers has me even more worried. I don't see raising the turn ever being +ev since many players would have popped flop or waited till river with 4th A so it looks too weak.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:05 AM

Don't you have to be aggressive here? The action of the loose EP should provide some protection from the SB and make his play easier to read.

For that reason, even though you'd likely wait for the turn to raise with an A, raising the flop seems like a must. If SB 3 bets and EP calls or caps your cooked. If they both just call, you have to fire again if checked to and see if he'll make a play at you.

When the A hits the turn and one of them now lead, tough spot. I'd be surprised if you're good but don't think auto folding is the answer.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For that reason, even though you'd likely wait for the turn to raise with an A, raising the flop seems like a must. If SB 3 bets and EP calls or caps your cooked. If they both just call, you have to fire again if checked to and see if he'll make a play at you.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is SB could see my raise on the flop as making it less likely I have an ace and could make a play on me. But he also probably knows I know that and could also see my playing an ace fast on the flop (same with me knowing a player with an ace in his position would usually checkraise flop or turn but since I know he's good, he knows I know he might bet an ace out on the flop lol).

What's your plan if he reraises and SB drops, then he leads the turn? What's your plan if he calls my raise and then leads out on the turn in the event of a brick (a likely, uncomfortable scenario)?

Jeff
Old 11-08-2005, 11:31 AM

Default Re: The Action Continues...

I think the biggest thing to consider is what range of hands SB will 3 bet you pf with. Does he know that you know that the limper is a bad player? Maybe he thinks you are trying to isolate the bad limper and therefore is reraising lighter than usual. Once you cap though I think you are making it clear to the SB that you aren't raising light. How bad is the limper as well? With him calling all of these bets it really smells like a small pp or quads. I would probably call during the heat of battle because I'm closing the action, but in retrospect the only thing that you can beat is a small pp from the bad player and 99 TT from the SB. If he had KK or QQ though it seems like he would almost certainly check it to you since you capped and then try for a checkraise to knock the limper out. However, maybe he knows that you know that he knows that and is using it against you lol. I'm not sure exactly how big the pot is or what the math needs to be to make a call correct based purely on the odds. I might get around to figuring it out, but I need some sleep [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Mike
Old 11-08-2005, 11:57 AM

Like your line, call flop with a fold on turn when bet into. Obviously you have to call the flop to hope to nail a Jack. After that drop it. Your not folding off KK or QQ on this board and if SB did 3-bet you with 1010 or 99 99, so be it, but I would need to know he specifically would make plays like that before I call this down. Limper could easily have the A as well. After its capped PF it would take the SB to have some sort of holding to call another bet on the flop I'ld think. Either a small PP or the ace.