Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 03:14 PM

Default JJ- fold over pair on turn vs aggro. Your opinion?

CO is 29/.9/.8. Any comment is welcome

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (10.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, Hero folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, UTG+1 calls.
Old 10-20-2005, 03:15 PM

Default Re: JJ- fold over pair on turn vs aggro. Your opinion?

donk the turn.
Old 10-20-2005, 03:17 PM

I'd 3-bet the flop. Its hard to see where you're at b/c you've really underrepresented your hand. I think the fold is good though, as one pair is not good in this spot often at all. I just don't think you're getting enough out of the times that you are ahead, and there are many.
Old 10-20-2005, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd 3-bet the flop. Its hard to see where you're at b/c you've really underrepresented your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I was thinking same thing. I should just 3-bets on flop, lead turn, then if it comes back to me 3-bets or cap, then I can fold. I would surely take this line if I had QQ, but with JJ... This is bad thinking though, since given pre-flop action, it is very unlikely someone hold a pocket pair higher than JJ. Thanks for comment
Old 10-20-2005, 05:19 PM

for sure three bet the flop.
if its capped it is easier to let it go on the turn if a jack doesnt come, if its called thenyour betting out this turn anyways and this raiseing war probably wouldnt happen.
Old 10-20-2005, 05:21 PM

3-bet flop.

Good fold, it seems like CO has a set.
Old 10-20-2005, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3-bet flop.

Good fold, it seems like CO has a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I was thinking.

If your 3-bet gets called on the flop, bet out on the turn. I'd dump the hand if it was two more to me.

Do you dump this hand if it's only raised once on the turn, or do you just call down if a blank hits the river? For instance, what do you do when if UTG+1 calls the turn bet and then CO pops?