Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2005, 02:30 PM

Default Re: Kido Pham call from WSOP Circuit - insane?

[ QUOTE ]
One thing you'll soon realize is that any play at any time that turns out a winner will be deemed "mathematically correct" by this forum. Unless it involves Raymer, and he happens to be on the losing end. Then it's automatically deemed a donkey play.

[/ QUOTE ]
Please point to an example of a mathematically incorrect play that was deemed mathematically correct by the forum.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please point to an example of a mathematically incorrect play that was deemed mathematically correct by the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]
Please don't get him started. His commentary of the Raymer/Kantor hand was painful enough.

AT
Old 11-23-2005, 05:31 PM

I think he had to call. But his raise before that was questionable bubble play... Pham seems to have a lot of gamble in him. His reraise all in with TJo against pot committed Hachem is just wrong.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think he had to call. But his raise before that was questionable bubble play... Pham seems to have a lot of gamble in him. His reraise all in with TJo against pot committed Hachem is just wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to the forums
Old 11-23-2005, 07:40 PM

Default i\'ve played with Kido in cash games

He's phenomenal. One minute he's a rock and the next he's running the game over without ever going to showdown.

I've seen derek "tex" barch kick his chair into the wall out of frustration and I've seen David Williams dump tns of thousands of dollars to Kido.

I've only played two pots with this guy, ever. After the second I realized I had to quit playing with him because he would break me if we played a few more. The guy was really something special to watch.

Tex
Old 11-24-2005, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What's so insane about making a call where you're getting 3 to 1 on a 2 to 1 dog?

Ironically, you can make a case for everything but the call to be insane.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're basically making the argument that you should put your entire tournament life on the line anytime you flop a flush draw. Not a very good plan.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard of worse. Like being so worried about "your entire tournament life" that you fail to play good poker.
Old 11-24-2005, 12:44 AM

So it's good poker to make a raise that commits all your chips with a 6-high flush draw? As was said earlier, is it so bad to flat-call here? As for the odds, yeah he's priced in, and in a cash game this is an easy call and one that should be made every time. But in the tourney, he's got a 2/3 chance of going broke with this play. Even with the odds he's getting, I don't think it would have been that bad of a fold for him. Given his hyper-aggressive style, he could've easily gained back what he lost in that hand through stealing and picking up small pots. I don't see any reason for him to risk so many chips here as a dog. Of course, he then goes on to win the J-10 hand as an even bigger dog, and the whole tourney. Shows me what I know. F*cking Pham.
Old 11-24-2005, 01:10 AM

he doesnt need the money.

trust me.

Tex
Old 11-24-2005, 03:01 AM

Default Re: i\'ve played with Kido in cash games

he is a very intriguing character to me. if you could be a little more specific that would be great.
Old 11-24-2005, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So it's good poker to make a raise that commits all your chips with a 6-high flush draw? As was said earlier, is it so bad to flat-call here? As for the odds, yeah he's priced in, and in a cash game this is an easy call and one that should be made every time. But in the tourney, he's got a 2/3 chance of going broke with this play. Even with the odds he's getting, I don't think it would have been that bad of a fold for him. Given his hyper-aggressive style, he could've easily gained back what he lost in that hand through stealing and picking up small pots. I don't see any reason for him to risk so many chips here as a dog. Of course, he then goes on to win the J-10 hand as an even bigger dog, and the whole tourney. Shows me what I know. F*cking Pham.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason his hyper aggressive style allows him to pick up pots is because players know he's willing to put his tournament on the line. If he folds when he's getting the proper odds for a call just to avoid busting then he'd do better to play a conservative style in the first place.