Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2005, 10:28 AM

Default Who played this the worst?

Watched this hand played yesterday and just could not decide who played this the worst? At least it seemed that way to me. I dont understand the converter stuff...so I'll manually do it.

.25/.50 Pokerstars

G raises preflop
L calls
2 others call

Flop 8h Ac 3h

G bets
L raises, G calls
other 2 callers fold

Turn 6s
G bets
L raises, G calls

River 2s
G bets
L raises, G calls

G wins with AK, L had AJ

My thinking: L's call was bad, reraise or get out. L's raise on the flop was good, to find out where he was at. G's call was weak, should have reraised. When L raised again on the turn, I figured him for 2 pairs, A high. Why didnt G think of this? When G continues to bet each round why doesnt L figure he's outkicked? Did G just think it was a flush draw raise? Would raising on a draw be profitable HU? Anyway, I found the hand confusing and like I said, thought both played it horridly...Your thoughts?
Old 09-27-2005, 10:40 AM

Default Re: Who played this the worst?

It's going to be tough for anyone to comment here because you left out a lot of information. We have no idea how many players are at the table, what the position of L and G are, if either of them had hearts, what their style of play is, etc. All of those make a difference in how they hand is played.

Granted, though, G's willingness to keep betting into a raiser without reraising seems a bit off. If G does think this is just a flush-draw raise, then reraising is in order.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:44 AM

Default Re: Who played this the worst?

I would say G needs to re raise the flop, call the turn raise and check call river. Does that mean L played it better than G? According to the fundamental theorem of poker, they both made mistakes. L got to show down a weaker hand for cheaper, but G let him do it.