Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2005, 02:37 PM

Default 88 15-30 online

villain is 12/10/.70

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (5 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (7 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB
Old 08-25-2005, 02:41 PM

Default Re: 88 15-30 online

seems like an easy river bet.
i think a river checkraise would be pretty sweet, but maybe thats a little thin... the guy would have to be pretty horrible.
Old 08-25-2005, 02:46 PM

look again at his numbers and tell me if you want to change your answer
Old 08-25-2005, 02:46 PM

Perfect imo except for the river. I would bet.

Your opponent showed no strength on the flop or turn which would probably mean he doesn't have a pair. Your check looks like an 'I have an ace but I'm going to call you' check. So when he bets he should usually have a pair here. What that pair is - tough to say. I think I like a river check-raise given that you checked. I think you only have to fear a turn smooth-called Q.

Edit: As some of the other posters pointed out - the AF is low, I missed that. I thought a river-cr was slightly preferable to a call (only given that OP checked) but now I think a call is preferable to a river cr.
Old 08-25-2005, 02:50 PM

Throw is a low WtSD number and I like it (only because he may check behind a better hand and more likely has us beat). Otherwise Im betting the river and getting called by A high 100% of the time. With those low aggression numbers I think there is no need to worry about a river raise.
Old 08-25-2005, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
villain is 12/10/.70

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (5 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (7 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, with a villain this passive, he is going to call you enough with Ace-high for a river bet to be profitable. Getting raised would suck though.
Old 08-25-2005, 02:54 PM

It seems we are usually behind to a river bet. Is he betting anything but a queen here with a .7 af? I doubt it. Is a fold horribly weak here? I agree you have to bet the river, but when he bets river, I think we lose most of the time. Probably pretty close here. C'mon aggro mike, bet the river!
Old 08-25-2005, 03:05 PM

I would bet this river 100%. Since you chose to check and he bet, I would fold. You will lose most 90%+ IMO when someone with these numbers bets here.

Those advocating a river CR against this opponent must run really, really good.

Edit: I just noticed the fact that this was a blind battle. Makes check folding kind of hard.
Old 08-25-2005, 03:11 PM

I can't think of too many hands your infront of after that turn card, with AK being the only real possibility. Most 12/10 guys aren't 3 betting AJ or 77, so i would be surprised if your hand survived a showdown. If it did, thats terrific.

What I find interesting is how your PF cap made this hand a little tougher post flop. Had you not capped pf, but led the flop/turn, AQ would probably have raised you, and you could safely have folded. JJ and TT are also not going to get out of line on that board, given your PF cap (but they arn't folding either). If he's got AA, KK, or QQ he's probably waiting till the turn, if he's gonna raise at all, and after the Q hits, QQ definately waits till the river.

I'm not sure which is best, but I think against a guy whose PF standards are obviously so high, not capping PF and leading post flop might give you more information about his hand. I think after you cap and survive the flop, your committed to showdown here, but I expect you lost to a bigger PP.

You and I almost always disagree on stuff like this, so i'm interested in what you think about my thoughts.

lf
Old 08-25-2005, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Most 12/10 guys aren't 3 betting AJ or 77.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't play this high, so I don't know for sure, but I think even 12/10 guys open up there 3-betting range quite a bit here to a SB steal. And if he's paying any attention at all he recognizes that mike is an aggressive player, raising a very wide range himself. Also, we don't know how many hands we're making this read with. Thus, i don't think the hands you mentioned seem like much of a stretch.