Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2005, 11:15 AM

Default Re: The LSAT

I took the Princeton Review prep class with live instruction. It was only me and one other dude. I am pretty sure that I gained about 12-15 points from my study through that course. I went from cold taking a practice LSAT and getting a 150 to consitently making scores around 165. The real test is however alittle harder than the practice tests for the obvious reasons. But I finished up with a 163 and was pretty happy with it and I thought the course was defintely worth the money.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:17 AM

It wasn't too bad. Exhausting, but nothing you won't be prepared for if you look at a few practice tests.

Once.

For a few weeks before my test I basically did a bunch of practice tests. I'm not sure how many hours it worked out to.

I did a little worse than I expected, although I am still happy with my score. The only place I stumbled was on the logic games section. I got stumped by a tough game and kind of froze up and got nervous for little bit. Thankfully that was my last section so it didn't carry over to anything else (but the writing sample, which was easy anyways). Besides the games section, everything else went really smoothly. I did great on all the other sections.

Other info: I think just doing practice tests is the best prep. The courses and books have some merit, and will give you some good tips for approaching certain questions, but imo they're not as valuable as actually doing tests. For me the preparation was helpful in getting more experience with the games, and getting used to the timing constraints.

Also, the score is very important and you should by all means work hard to do the best you can, but don't go crazy because of it. This is easier said than done, as I was very stressed out both before I took it, and then waiting for my results. But it's probably not worth all the stress. Just try and stay relaxed and confident--as long as you do a little bit of prep you'll be fine. Worrying about it won't change anything, and will probably just hurt you.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
well i walked out of it expecting to have bombed it, but i actually did pretty well considering i completely blanked on the "games" section (my best section too!), and just wrote in "c" for 15 of the answers (a la "summer school").

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, this sounds kind of like my experience (although the games section was always my worst). i don't think i had to guess on 15, but it was probably about 10
Old 08-23-2005, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if someone else mentioned this already, but it's pretty important that you plan on only taking it once because schools will take your average score. If you take it just to mess around the first time and do badly, it will affect your average score and you won't get in anywhere you want to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

but you can take it and request that they not report your score, or not grade it.
Old 08-23-2005, 03:36 PM

I scheduled it, did not study, got drunk the night before, overslept. Didn't make it.

But my little bro just graduated law school so its cool.