Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 07:38 AM

Default Re: PP $5+1: Embarassing bubble fold

I make it 375, but meh [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-07-2005, 08:53 AM

Default Re: PP $5+1: Embarassing bubble fold

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the responses. I started doubting the fold because the folks here say to get fairly aggressive on the bubble.

I guess if I short stacked, it would have been an easy push. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't playing to conservative with a chip lead.

[/ QUOTE ]

$5+1 is very different from $200+15. At $5+1, there are lots of players who barely think about the payout structure, and a few who don't think about their cards [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

People suggest playing aggressively on the bubble because they expect people to fold a ton on the bubble. If people at your table aren't doing that, you should adjust accordingly.

A good thing to remember is that if everyone were playing perfect cash game poker (i.e. they completely ignore the payout structure and just play like this is a 4-handed cash game with really big blinds), you should play much tighter because the payout structure makes the chips in your stack worth MUCH more than those in the pot. Playing the bubble as a super-TAG pushbot (pushing with tons of hands when folded to you and folding tons of hands to raises) is a response to the fact that other people in the tournament are tightening up, as they should. When your opponents don't tighten up, you should.