Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2005, 08:55 PM

Default You like this line?

I think this hand is pretty standard except the flop play comes into a bit of a grey area for me. I bet, and then am raised by MP2, everyone else folds. At this point I am quite sure I have the best hand, and the board is totally uncoordinated. Do you like the call and c/r on the turn or no?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (11 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB
Old 03-22-2005, 08:57 PM

Default Re: You like this line?

since its HU when it comes back to you raised on the flop, I'm fine calling and going for a turn c/r... if it wasn't HU then i'd be 3-betting.
Old 03-22-2005, 09:11 PM

The villian could be raising with 9T, looking for a free card. You can't really protect here, even with the check raise, so I would bet it out and make him pay if he is looking for the free card.

mitch
Old 03-22-2005, 09:20 PM

Looks like it worked out nicely for you. I don't really think villain is going for a free card here as his position sucks if he get called by the two players behind him. Nice hand.
Old 03-22-2005, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really think villain is going for a free card here as his position sucks if he get called by the two players behind him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, and I just wanted to add that there's only a few hands that even want a free card (the only obivous one is 9T) on this fairly drawless board. Seems like a good spot to check-raise.
Old 03-22-2005, 09:34 PM

What are you doing to a 3-bet on the turn?
Old 03-22-2005, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't really think villain is going for a free card here as his position sucks if he get called by the two players behind him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, and I just wanted to add that there's only a few hands that even want a free card (the only obivous one is 9T) on this fairly drawless board. Seems like a good spot to check-raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-22-2005, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What are you doing to a 3-bet on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, good question. Calling down I suppose. Villain here is a slightly loose player, but definetly would not have called a raise with J8 or worse. He would have 3-bet PF with JJ. The only real dangers I am up against is 33 and 88 I think. If this were the case, I might even expect him to slowplay as he knows I am betting into him. This is not necesarrily going to happen though. In any case, if he has 88 or 33, I will call down and pay off if 3-bet.