Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 02:55 PM

Default Re: Controversial Last Ditch Advice for Snowball 138

[ QUOTE ]
Too risky.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is he risking at this point? The opportunity to possibly get manipulated for a longer period of time?
Old 11-04-2005, 03:13 PM

My problem with this is that he hasn't really tried the straight and narrow path at this point. This is like throwing a Hail Mary in the third quarter.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:33 PM

Who said dating isn't a "game" in the first place. I've employed many tricks with women with varying forms of success.

When I was in college, I did an experiment to do all the "wrong things" after coming up with a reasonable system (e.g. look too desperate, call too much/too often, not be very smooth, etc.). I came to the realization that my system gave me a better edge compared to being a nice, honest guy.

Essentially, David is suggesting to psychologically manipulate her as a last ditch effort. Is this wrong? Then perhaps you should boycott places that have sales reps. What do you think they do?

Some women have this Groucho Marx attitute when it comes to men: "I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member."
Old 11-04-2005, 04:43 PM

the root problem is the fixation on a single girl who does not share the feeling. this does not address that problem.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the root problem is the fixation on a single girl who does not share the feeling. this does not address that problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) There is nothing wrong with being fixated on a girl (as long as this isn't a pattern).

2) We don't yet know if she does or is capable of sharing the feeling.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:58 PM

If you think beautiful women don't know about the whole "make friends with them first" angle you haven't been with enough beautiful women. The jig is up guys, because they know!

It takes years to become close friends with someone not months. This is not controversial advice David, this is just plain stupid advice.

Snowball's dilemma is not really about whether the girl likes him or not, it's about courage.

Does he have the courage to ask this beautiful girl if she really likes him?

Or...

Does he play stupid mind games with her to avoid the courage it requires to just ask her?

What you suggest just prolongs the torture and anguish of secretly yearning for her while you build the fake friendship and then multiple the pain and dejection you have to deal with if she still says no. What if she finds out or realizes that this was your whole plan all along and she goes from being friends with you to hating you. There are just too many situation this plan can go from bad to worse.

Snowball should just muster the courage to ask her if she likes him in that way. Either he gets the utter elation of a "yes" or he starts that arduous journey of getting over her if he gets a "no."

What you advise is a bad risk.

EDiT: Typos
Old 11-04-2005, 05:12 PM

It is true that women find nice guys not sexy. Sklansky seems to think so; so do I.
Old 11-04-2005, 05:15 PM

I agree.

Snowball, sack up and have the conversation. If she's special enough to warrant all this thought, she's special enough for you to garner some courage.

And stop worrying about how/when/logostics, etc. 99% of the time none of that will matter. If she really likes you you could ask her out through a mouthful of slugs and she'll say yes.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:10 PM

pls grow up and stop living out your midlife crisis vicariously through posters. thx.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:21 PM

Brilliant. Absloutely brilliant. I used a variation of this tactic with great results once. When is "Dating for advanced players" being published?